Y'll all have a good Mardi Gras tomorrow...

Y'll all have a good Mardi Gras tomorrow...

February 20th, 2007, 4:11 am #1

Feelin' kinda nostalgic tonight. I was thinking of Gone With the Wind (you know I gotta have an old movie reference for everything). Ashley and Scarlett are talking about "the old days". He says they've certainly come a long way from the "golden warmth and security" of those days, and she says "Don't look back Ashley, don't look back. It'll drag at your heart until you can't do anything but look back." I'm remembering Mardi Gras from years past and wishing that tomorrow could begin a steady march forward into better times for the city. God bless all y'all.
Last edited by LakeviewGal on February 20th, 2007, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 20th, 2007, 6:39 am #2

Mardi Gras ain't my cup o' tea after all my years on NOPD, but I do wish a very safe and happy Mardi Gras to all those revelers who enjoy that sort of stuff.

Last edited by Cop_Cop on February 20th, 2007, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 20th, 2007, 6:55 am #3

Now that I've given up drinking moonshine & sleeping in the gutter.

February 20th, 2007, 7:03 am #4

I'd come up to your place, PIL, if I could get out of my neighborhood with all the damn parade traffic. I ain't going to your daughter's and SIL's house, they'll put me to work in the garden! (I been warned!).

February 20th, 2007, 7:48 am #5

a little early. I usually plant my garden on Mardi Gras day, but not this year. Might go to the beer store and have my own little pee-rade!

February 20th, 2007, 8:59 am #6

Feelin' kinda nostalgic tonight. I was thinking of Gone With the Wind (you know I gotta have an old movie reference for everything). Ashley and Scarlett are talking about "the old days". He says they've certainly come a long way from the "golden warmth and security" of those days, and she says "Don't look back Ashley, don't look back. It'll drag at your heart until you can't do anything but look back." I'm remembering Mardi Gras from years past and wishing that tomorrow could begin a steady march forward into better times for the city. God bless all y'all.
I may stay in as well.
I am glad my friend came to visit, we did the parade and going out thing Wednesday night-Saturday night. I concluded my Mardi Gras with Mom's Ball. Now I am hiding in the Master's Suite of my home. And loving it.

February 20th, 2007, 12:11 pm #7

If you're along the Metairie parade route look for Alert, Komar, JP, and me in the second truck pararde, #17, passenger side.

Mr. Lake

February 20th, 2007, 12:17 pm #8

I'd come up to your place, PIL, if I could get out of my neighborhood with all the damn parade traffic. I ain't going to your daughter's and SIL's house, they'll put me to work in the garden! (I been warned!).

I ain't given up drinking moonshine yet! Got any good stuff up there? It's gotta be high wine and not burnt! LOL!

Towanda!
Towanda!

February 20th, 2007, 1:01 pm #9

Stay safe. Like Lakeview, I am missing the "then" much more than the "now." There will be a Red Hat parade here in the morning, and the Krewe of Krewes parade early evening. Best of all--we get to celebrate big-time. Our birthday son gets off work at 4. They are predicting a pretty good chance of bad weather for the evening parade--a shame for all those who really enjoy going out. I will make chili and dogs and burgers and birthday cake, and pig out on Pete Fountain.

February 20th, 2007, 1:26 pm #10

I ain't given up drinking moonshine yet! Got any good stuff up there? It's gotta be high wine and not burnt! LOL!

any on hand, but I know a guy who knows a guy who...