Whatever happened to Mr Bean?

Whatever happened to Mr Bean?

November 12th, 2006, 2:58 am #1

Years back when we first got cable, Mr Bean used to have a show on HBO. I thought he was hilarious. I haven't heard anything about him in years.

November 12th, 2006, 7:26 am #2

...made from 1990 - 1995. I think you can get compilations on DVD, though. The ironic part is that the character is practically silent except for unintelligible mumbings, and in real life the Oxford-educated Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has a wonderful, rich, cultivated, real "classical actor's" speaking voice.

A few years ago Atkinson ago (not as the Mr. Bean character) did a funny spy movie spoof titled "Johnny English".

LG

November 12th, 2006, 1:49 pm #3

They have the whole TV series, plus several others that did not make it to North America.  And the movies, of course.  I think Netflix is a great deal.

CBC used to run Mr. Bean marathons on New Years' Eve - by 2 in the morning, my sides would be hurting from laughing so much.

November 14th, 2006, 5:09 am #4

...made from 1990 - 1995. I think you can get compilations on DVD, though. The ironic part is that the character is practically silent except for unintelligible mumbings, and in real life the Oxford-educated Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has a wonderful, rich, cultivated, real "classical actor's" speaking voice.

A few years ago Atkinson ago (not as the Mr. Bean character) did a funny spy movie spoof titled "Johnny English".

LG

November 14th, 2006, 7:29 am #5

Unfortunately could never find it again on TV...and I seem to remember that's where you could hear Atkinson's wonderful speaking voice.

LG

November 26th, 2006, 12:42 am #6

They have the whole TV series, plus several others that did not make it to North America.  And the movies, of course.  I think Netflix is a great deal.

CBC used to run Mr. Bean marathons on New Years' Eve - by 2 in the morning, my sides would be hurting from laughing so much.
on Amazon.com I can't wait to watch the episodes.