Westminster, of course!

Westminster, of course!

February 13th, 2008, 1:27 am #1

Pulling for a real dog to beat the poodle.

February 13th, 2008, 4:29 am #2

...having to put up with the indignity of the idiotic way their owners trim them. Those people mustn't want a dog, they must want some kinda gaudy wind-up toy!

LG

February 13th, 2008, 12:45 pm #3

I knew he was going to be picked because of his 'tude. When the handler was trotting him around, he gave the crowd a look that said "Yep, I'm hot, look at me!" After the judge pointed him out and crowd was cheering, although you couldn't hear him over the crowd, you could see that head was cranked back into an unmistakable beagle yodel.

February 13th, 2008, 3:06 pm #4

Funny thing - I read a coupla days ago that the "buzz" was around that this beagle might win it. I wonder how much the audience response to a particular dog influences the judge's decision?

I'm glad the honors didn't go to a poodle, because I don't think that that ridiculous way they trim them should be encouraged!

I also wish they would use some word other than "toy" for the small dog category. They're dogs, not toys, and people should let them be dogs!

LG

Last edited by LakeviewGal on February 13th, 2008, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2008, 3:56 pm #5

the judges keep totally away from the show and the buzz to remain objective. When the judge was asked what he did to prepare for the show, he replied, "I bought a new tuxedo."

February 13th, 2008, 4:01 pm #6

Funny thing - I read a coupla days ago that the "buzz" was around that this beagle might win it. I wonder how much the audience response to a particular dog influences the judge's decision?

I'm glad the honors didn't go to a poodle, because I don't think that that ridiculous way they trim them should be encouraged!

I also wish they would use some word other than "toy" for the small dog category. They're dogs, not toys, and people should let them be dogs!

LG

honestly, some of those show cuts make those dogs look like something out of a B-grade science fiction movie. I don't know what that peke looked like, but it sure wasn't a dog. In my opinion a lot of those dogs, poodles included, look a lot better and much cuter with pet-type cuts.

February 13th, 2008, 8:11 pm #7

I like dogs to look the way they were intended to look.

LG