Vacation, Day 1: Joisey and the Atlantic Ocean

Vacation, Day 1: Joisey and the Atlantic Ocean

February 24th, 2008, 1:55 pm #1

I finally downloaded the pictures. I'm not 100% sure we have food pix on every day, but we might. And if not, I can get creative with food references.

Gallagher's steakhouse at the Newark Airport, PC's steak sammich and my burger:

After this shot, there was zero visibility with blizzard-like conditions. We ordered another glass of wine.

PC wasn't happy with the weather.

But alas, it cleared up and we took off. This was as bad as it looked, but I think my chicken was worse.

PaulaRat

February 24th, 2008, 2:28 pm #2

His skit on SNL - "Joisey? Did someone say Joisey? Who's from Joisey? I'm from Joisey. You from Joisey?"

I absolutely cannot believe that was airport food. Other airports need to take note!

February 24th, 2008, 5:21 pm #3

for the masses who have to often wait hours and hours for their flights. We had a really good lunch in September at Midway Airport in Chicago. My companion likes pizza a lot so we stopped at a little place on the concourse and one of the people waiting in line said it was a branch of a local restaurant. I was told that the pizza was good, but my meatball sammie was outstanding. Usually you get a couple of small meatballs on those sammies, but this one had four meatballs the size of baseballs. I had to eat it with a knife and fork.

February 24th, 2008, 6:42 pm #4

I finally downloaded the pictures. I'm not 100% sure we have food pix on every day, but we might. And if not, I can get creative with food references.

Gallagher's steakhouse at the Newark Airport, PC's steak sammich and my burger:

After this shot, there was zero visibility with blizzard-like conditions. We ordered another glass of wine.

PC wasn't happy with the weather.

But alas, it cleared up and we took off. This was as bad as it looked, but I think my chicken was worse.

PaulaRat
at the Cincinnati airport. We were very surprised at the quality of the food.