Take a look at the "stereo" juke box

Take a look at the "stereo" juke box

September 18th, 2007, 10:04 pm #1

September 18th, 2007, 10:49 pm #2

Where was Bowl-A-Rama?

NOOAWLINSMA
NOOAWLINSMA

September 18th, 2007, 11:53 pm #3

upstairs above Shoe Town not too far from Manuels restaurant. It was on the block between Barry and Jules Ave.

September 19th, 2007, 12:04 am #4

Weren't we discussing the owner or manager who was principal at Haynes Middle School?

NOOAWLINSMA
NOOAWLINSMA

September 19th, 2007, 2:57 am #5

what we were discussing because that likn about the jule box wouldn't come up for me. Bowlarama was owned by Vernon and Gilda Haynes. That is who the school is named after. Why? I'm not sure. I do know that Vernon grew up in that area, but thats all that I know about that.

Isabella
Isabella

September 19th, 2007, 3:12 am #6

this is all in the archives. I used to know, but, uhm, CRAFT.

I do however remember that I used to live just down the street on Barry Ave!

I loved that house. Too bad about the termites!!

September 19th, 2007, 3:42 am #7

what we were discussing because that likn about the jule box wouldn't come up for me. Bowlarama was owned by Vernon and Gilda Haynes. That is who the school is named after. Why? I'm not sure. I do know that Vernon grew up in that area, but thats all that I know about that.
of Metairie Junior High - now Vernon C Haynes school. I went there for grades 4-6 and he was the principal when I was there.

Mr. Lake
Mr. Lake

September 19th, 2007, 4:10 am #8

This was first the location of Metairie High School which was demolished to make way for the current (ugly) structure/s.

NOOAWLINSMA
NOOAWLINSMA

September 19th, 2007, 2:06 pm #9

of Metairie Junior High - now Vernon C Haynes school. I went there for grades 4-6 and he was the principal when I was there.
Her name was Mrs Lacey. I knew a few boys who went there. I'm not going to ask you how old you are, but these boys would be in their mid 50's now.

September 19th, 2007, 6:32 pm #10

She was my 7th and or 8th grade teacher at Metairie Grammar on Met. Rd. She and Mr. Meddlin (?) worked together a lot. After graduation from Grammar School, I went to Metairie High, down by Frostop, and the only teacher I remember was Mrs. Pope, science. Vernon Haynes was the principal at that time. Remember his office well! If it's the same Mrs. Lacy, she was as sweet as could be and was always dressed to the "9's". This was a long, long time ago.