Stop the insanity! It's not even December yet!

Stop the insanity! It's not even December yet!

November 29th, 2007, 1:08 am #1

Last night 11/27 it was Charlie Brown's Christmas and tonight it's How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Shrek The Halls and Christmas From Rockefeller Center. This is part of what has turned me into a Scrooge. Ridiculous.

November 29th, 2007, 1:19 am #2

Yep. That's why I'm watching a rerun of Mama's Family as I type. My favorite drive-to-work radio station has gone to 100% Christmas music calling themselves the traditional Christmas station. I've done the traditional hit-the-button move and trixied over to the the 100% classic rock station.

November 29th, 2007, 3:04 am #3

Driving in Tahoe, we were trying to find a decent radio station and there it was- a station with all Christmas music.

I was just flipping thru the channels and saw the grinch who stole Christmas. I immediately switched it to Everybody Loves Raymond.

November 29th, 2007, 3:21 am #4

I am piling them in a room until they are ready to be wrapped. I look forward to my annual trip to the mall days before Christmas to sip coffee and watch the madness before me. Yeah it seems too early for all this stuff but Christmas will be here before you know it. Have you done your shopping yet?

November 29th, 2007, 3:49 am #5

Last night 11/27 it was Charlie Brown's Christmas and tonight it's How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Shrek The Halls and Christmas From Rockefeller Center. This is part of what has turned me into a Scrooge. Ridiculous.
...kinda sounds like a law firm, doesn't it?

LG

November 29th, 2007, 4:15 am #6

I am piling them in a room until they are ready to be wrapped. I look forward to my annual trip to the mall days before Christmas to sip coffee and watch the madness before me. Yeah it seems too early for all this stuff but Christmas will be here before you know it. Have you done your shopping yet?

Got some Gary Farrell Pinot Noir for Dennis and Janis b/c it is amazing wine and cannot be found in any store

I will send Jason money and I will order something online for Jan.

Oh, I got Julie a shirt from Landmark winery that she wanted.

That about does it.

All I need is my laptop and my plastic. No malls for me unless I am drunk or heavily sedated and that will not happen.

This year I will send cards. I need addresses. Please send them to mav312@gmail.com

(Lake and Cop, I don't need yours)

November 29th, 2007, 5:25 am #7

I just added an amazon link to the food forum -- it's a search box. Next time you order from amazon, if you get there by using that link it will help support the forums (I'll get a small commission and it won't cost you a penny more).

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past
Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums

November 29th, 2007, 5:30 am #8

The kids all get gift cards, a gift for my dear 80-something auntie, a gift for my club party, and gifts for only my closest friends. The rest get a Christmas card in the mail.

I will, however, be glad to sit once or twice in the Oakwood Center just to people watch....which I haven't been able to do during the Christmas season since 2004.

I noticed they now have a Build-A-Bear and a few other places. Old Navy just reopened last weekend. More stores coming soon....I think before Christmas. Mignon Faget is there, too.

November 29th, 2007, 12:37 pm #9

Merry Internet. Because so many of the gifts we give have to be shipped, we must start early. This is how we do it: e.g., order for Okie, have it sent to Cherokee, who lovingly wraps it and under the tree it goes. Or doesn't lovingly wrap it, as desired. In any case, the ball is in that court, and I'm off the hook. Most shopping is done for the local bunch--why wait when what you had in mind is on sale at 50% off?

Back in my at-home days, I made many of the gifts we gave; now that I am once again a domestic engineer, I hope to begin doing that again. It's too late for this year, though, and I must needs paint a large bedroom and get us moved up there before the kids come piling in. But, to paraphrase Miss Scarlett, January is another day. We do have a May wedding to prepare for, but this one is local, thank God. And we are parents of the groom again, which means that we are bit players. Yay!
Last edited by nsholld on November 29th, 2007, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 29th, 2007, 1:43 pm #10

I absolutely despise shopping in stores, so cybershopping is what I'm doing, as are as the Furys, Maria and Towanda. Mom is easy, all she wants is a box of pralines and I can get them from Old Town Pralines on Vets Memorial a couple blocks from my house. I give the boys gift certificates. Gawd forbid I give them electronics that they would deem "lame". Forget clothes for them! Their sizes are changing just about weekly these days. If I forget anyone I'll get it at the last minute at Doornack's.

Last edited by Cop_Cop on November 29th, 2007, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.