Since I asked for it

Since I asked for it

January 20th, 2008, 7:13 am #1

I thought I would post the first message...........

If you could pick your all time favorite band and all time favorite singer, who would they be?

January 20th, 2008, 8:34 am #2

I couldn't decide. But none of them would be even remotely current.

January 20th, 2008, 1:19 pm #3

If you could pick your all time favorite band and all time favorite singer, who would they be?
(as opposed to, say, Handel or Bach?)
I pretty much stopped listening to contemporary music in the late 60s. I loved the Beatles, Joan Baez and Dylan, PP&M, Kingston Trio etc. If I had to absolutely choose one, I think it would be Pete Seeger.

January 20th, 2008, 1:49 pm #4

January 22nd, 2008, 8:59 pm #5

(Among other types of jazz.) Pete Fountain is my favorite in that area.

Never was a fan of 60's folk music.

And for me, no current or even remotely recent rock - EVAH! :-)

January 23rd, 2008, 1:51 am #6

IMO it is not music.

I love jazz and blues. I of course, love classic rock and r&B.
Also classical and new age.

January 23rd, 2008, 2:16 am #7

Maybe if I made you a CD you'd like it. I could put a bunch of different stuff on there. There's a lot of screaming crap on the radio but there is some good stuff too. Would you be interested?

Mr. Lake
Mr. Lake

January 23rd, 2008, 7:01 am #8

(as opposed to, say, Handel or Bach?)
I pretty much stopped listening to contemporary music in the late 60s. I loved the Beatles, Joan Baez and Dylan, PP&M, Kingston Trio etc. If I had to absolutely choose one, I think it would be Pete Seeger.
Ya old hipppie, you.

Can't say that Pete Seeger is my absolute favorite but I'm with you on all the rest.

As a very young child (three or four years old) I loved Tom Dooley (Kingston Trio). Overthe same turntable, my brother and I duked it out because all he wanted to play was The Battle of New Orleans ("In 1814 we took a little trip...We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down so we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round. We filled his head with cannon balls, and powdered his behind and when we touched the powder off, the gator lost his mind".

I like many kinds of music (almost all) and never stopped listening. Only really "discovered" early New Orleans Jazz when I researched it for the pontchartrain.net website. BTW, if you scroll down near the bottom of this page there's a "juke box" of old New Orleans standards, from early Jazz to Irma.

January 24th, 2008, 11:40 pm #9

Like you, though, I like almost all kinds of music (except musicals, to which I am allergic). I am enjoying discovering NO jazz also, since I came here. Re the juke box below - I've tried several times to make it work but I guess I am missing some software or something.

January 24th, 2008, 11:50 pm #10

Maybe if I made you a CD you'd like it. I could put a bunch of different stuff on there. There's a lot of screaming crap on the radio but there is some good stuff too. Would you be interested?
That would be great. Let me know.