Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

January 11th, 2008, 5:14 pm #1

I got a huge head of locally grown cauliflower at the Farmer's Market and roasted the flowerettes in at hot oven. We had them as a veg side, and had lots of leftovers. So I poached them in chicken stock, threw it in the blender and whizzed it real good. Added some white, black and cayenne peppers, salt to taste and a splash of balsamic vinegar to brighten it up. Garnished with scallions, blue cheese, sour cream and toasted walnuts. It's not pretty but it tastes real good:

January 11th, 2008, 5:17 pm #2

is there an echo in here? Sorry for the double post, I hit the post button a second time when it looked like nuthin' was happenin'. Not!

January 11th, 2008, 5:38 pm #3

I've double posted before. That soup sounds delish. I've got to go get some lunch.

January 12th, 2008, 6:22 am #4

and blanched some last nite. I love to make cauliflower soup like my mom made it- cook the cauliflower, add sauteed garlic in olive oil, top with romano cheese.

I love the pureed soup but I could do without the balsamic. Just my own personal thing.

January 12th, 2008, 2:07 pm #5

I got a huge head of locally grown cauliflower at the Farmer's Market and roasted the flowerettes in at hot oven. We had them as a veg side, and had lots of leftovers. So I poached them in chicken stock, threw it in the blender and whizzed it real good. Added some white, black and cayenne peppers, salt to taste and a splash of balsamic vinegar to brighten it up. Garnished with scallions, blue cheese, sour cream and toasted walnuts. It's not pretty but it tastes real good:
Love those garnishes.

PaulaRat