Oakwood Center returning in October

Oakwood Center returning in October

August 27th, 2007, 9:14 pm #1

http://ggpmall.com/crm/2007/OakwoodCent ... nkId=20714

We'll be glad to have more shopping options with the reopening, but I have to say the stores are disappointing.

Joann's doesn't seem to be returning, only the anchor stores are worth their salt, too many hip-hop crap stores, and nary a bookstore! Looks like the only bookstore on the westbank (other than specialized ones) is still Barnes and Noble in Harvey. Pooh! Oh well, maybe they'll still get more stores as time goes on. Seems like there should be room for more than the ones previously listed.

Me-Morial
Me-Morial

August 27th, 2007, 9:28 pm #2

Bring lotsa friends when you shop at Oakwood.

August 27th, 2007, 9:50 pm #3

I hope they'll still have the security bikes and three-wheeled-cab-type thingys patrolling the parking lot like they used to. Caught many a thug. I NEVER park on the back side of the parking lot no matter how far I have to walk.

NOOAWLINSMA
NOOAWLINSMA

August 28th, 2007, 2:04 am #4

Bring lotsa friends when you shop at Oakwood.
self protection....and I don't mean condoms

August 28th, 2007, 6:18 pm #5

http://ggpmall.com/crm/2007/OakwoodCent ... nkId=20714

We'll be glad to have more shopping options with the reopening, but I have to say the stores are disappointing.

Joann's doesn't seem to be returning, only the anchor stores are worth their salt, too many hip-hop crap stores, and nary a bookstore! Looks like the only bookstore on the westbank (other than specialized ones) is still Barnes and Noble in Harvey. Pooh! Oh well, maybe they'll still get more stores as time goes on. Seems like there should be room for more than the ones previously listed.

that the list was incomplete. I still miss Mervyns. It was a store I could always find something I needed. I don't the the hip hop stores will be getting any of my money.

Isabella
Isabella

August 28th, 2007, 6:35 pm #6

I am not remembering how he posted on the food forum in the past - probably
"Too Much Coffee Man" or "BobRSnow", and he will be opening a Macchiato's in Oakwood Mall.

Not sure if it will be in the food court or in a store (like Gloria Jean's), my guess is in the food court as I do believe they will have food.

I would like to support his efforts!

Isabella

August 28th, 2007, 6:57 pm #7

what kind of place is Macchiato's? You know I'm the Alzheimer Poster Child.

I did see on the list some kind of specialty foods store, but can't remember the name. Don't think that was it.

Mervyn's pulled out of Oakwood long before the Bitch hit. I knew they weren't coming back. Someone once said Kohl's would be there, but doesn't look likely now.

Also I heard Penney's would be back, but they're not on the list. Hope it was an omission or they're coming back later.

August 29th, 2007, 1:37 am #8

I am not remembering how he posted on the food forum in the past - probably
"Too Much Coffee Man" or "BobRSnow", and he will be opening a Macchiato's in Oakwood Mall.

Not sure if it will be in the food court or in a store (like Gloria Jean's), my guess is in the food court as I do believe they will have food.

I would like to support his efforts!

Isabella
I mighta spelled it wrong. There's one about two blocks from our house. It's like a PJ's with a gazillion flavors.

Isabella
Isabella

August 29th, 2007, 4:47 am #9

It is Mocchachino's and is spelled something like that!

Maybe ole Bob himself will tell us about it!

Isabella

August 29th, 2007, 7:38 am #10

So, is Bob still connected with the coffee roasting venue in Kenner? I was hoping to arrange a visit to the facility for our forumites soon.