Nothin the matter

Nothin the matter

October 14th, 2007, 2:49 am #1

and I know I have asked this question before:

What type of digital camera do you recommend? I tried to take pics today and my little cheap one is totally dead. It gave me good use.

I know Lake has told me that she has a Canon power or sure shot something. I tried to find the e mail tonite that I saved but I couldn't locate it.

I really would like to stay in the $200's. I also prefer Canon for some reason but I am open to all suggestions.

I have to buy one soon so I can take pics of my events.

Thanks in advance

October 14th, 2007, 3:11 am #2

and people like Fuji. So I bought one. A good, fairly expensive (to me) one. It was $300, had a 10x zoom, 7 megapixel and a setting for everything. I dropped it and it's in the shop. CopCop has one too. It's a great camera - idiot proof. You turn the dial and it tells you what setting you are using. Sigh. I miss my camera. If they can't fix it I am buying a cheap one because apparently, I cannot be trusted with expensive electronics. I have killed one laptop and two cameras. Good luck on your search.

October 14th, 2007, 3:39 am #3

onto the concrete floor of the garage. No dents, no problems, and I can't even find a scratch on it. I've had it a couple of years now and it still works without a glitch which leads me to recommend that you might consider looking for a used one (they should be cheap now). If you do that, look for one with a 256mb memory card or buy that card -- it allows for many, many photos to be stored in the camera before downloading.

Or, of course, take Mrs. Fury's excellent advice. She takes beautiful photographs.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past
Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
Last edited by CCampanella on October 14th, 2007, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 14th, 2007, 4:40 am #4

What type of digital camera do you recommend? I tried to take pics today and my little cheap one is totally dead. It gave me good use.

I know Lake has told me that she has a Canon power or sure shot something. I tried to find the e mail tonite that I saved but I couldn't locate it.

I really would like to stay in the $200's. I also prefer Canon for some reason but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance
I think Canon makes a good camera, too.

schatze

October 14th, 2007, 1:00 pm #5

Thanks in advance
I also have heard good things about the Canons.  I bought a new camera last spring and I'm really happy with it.  It's a Casio Exilm EX-Z20, and cost about $175.  The features that were important to me were:  ability to take an SD card (instead of that other kind, can't remember its name); a big viewing screen at the back; and a good macro setting for food.  Mr. Lake is right about getting a larger SD card - in fact I have a 1 gig one that never seems to get full even when I shoot movies.  The camera is nice and small, fits easily in a pocket.  Mrs. Fury's camera is quite big and looks extremely professional - in fact I'd venture to guess that she can change lenses on it, just like an old SLR.  And she takes the best photos 'round here, I think!

October 14th, 2007, 1:23 pm #6

Takes beautiful pix, biggest screen on back and is the size of a pack of cards, perfect for putting in your pocket.

My husband has the Canon SureShot, but I find it too bulky and too heavy.

October 14th, 2007, 2:03 pm #7

Thanks in advance
store recondiitoned like new. I love it, It is the size of a pack of cig but it is only 3x zoom you would probably want something higher than that. I Love it. I am forever filling the memory card.

October 14th, 2007, 3:12 pm #8

onto the concrete floor of the garage. No dents, no problems, and I can't even find a scratch on it. I've had it a couple of years now and it still works without a glitch which leads me to recommend that you might consider looking for a used one (they should be cheap now). If you do that, look for one with a 256mb memory card or buy that card -- it allows for many, many photos to be stored in the camera before downloading.

Or, of course, take Mrs. Fury's excellent advice. She takes beautiful photographs.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past
Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
and it didn't break? Hell I want one of those.

October 14th, 2007, 6:30 pm #9

store recondiitoned like new. I love it, It is the size of a pack of cig but it is only 3x zoom you would probably want something higher than that. I Love it. I am forever filling the memory card.
I am going to take a ride to Best Buy today.

I wouldn't have known about the memory on the card and the comparison is great.

I will probably end up spending 300. or so I am guessing. I just want something good and compact. I want to slip it in my chef coat pocket or put it in my bag without taking up much space.

Will take some pics later and post

October 14th, 2007, 6:33 pm #10

Is there a free website that allows you to upload pics and post? Picturetrail is not telling me I am out of space and I have to pay. Just want to make sure I can't go to another one without spending the money.