NOPD patches

NOPD patches

Greg
Greg

February 25th, 2004, 4:07 am #1

For copcop.

I was watching a Mardi Gras episode of Cops, one of my guilty pleasures.

This attractive femal NOPD cop, named Desiree Gaudet (great name, had a shoulder patch on that I could not recognize. It looked red at the top with a white broad band in the middle.

Do you know what is was. The episode was made in 1996.

February 25th, 2004, 6:58 am #2

Does this look like what you saw? It's the only one I can think of close to what you described. BTW, Desiree has been in a couple of movies.

Greg
Greg

February 25th, 2004, 4:10 pm #3

That must have been it.

I was looking for patches on the web and could not find them.

Desiree was certainly attractive enough to make the movies.

February 26th, 2004, 1:02 pm #4

For copcop.

I was watching a Mardi Gras episode of Cops, one of my guilty pleasures.

This attractive femal NOPD cop, named Desiree Gaudet (great name, had a shoulder patch on that I could not recognize. It looked red at the top with a white broad band in the middle.

Do you know what is was. The episode was made in 1996.

Have you ever seen this one? It is the Homicide Division's patch, depicting a buzzard perched on the Star and Crescent. It was designed by one of the Detectives, Sam Gebbia. The patch isn't worn on a uniform, although many a baseball cap or tie pin featuring the design have been given out as gifts. Telly Savalas was given a tie pin when he was visiting the City and was seen wearing it on many Kojak episodes.
Last edited by Cop_Cop on February 26th, 2004, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg
Greg

February 26th, 2004, 7:26 pm #5

I had never seen that patch either.

The only ones I really remembered were the Tac Unit and Motocycle Patrol patches.

I like the Vieux Carre patch. I might order one.

When I was on, the 1st District covered the FQ and the 8th was at Tulane and Broad.

dinosaur
dinosaur

February 26th, 2004, 10:13 pm #6

That must have been it.

I was looking for patches on the web and could not find them.

Desiree was certainly attractive enough to make the movies.
I saw that episode also, it is quite old. Ms. Gaudet has been away from the NOPD for several years

February 26th, 2004, 10:24 pm #7

Greg
Greg

February 27th, 2004, 12:38 am #8

The episode was from Mardi Gras, 1996. I did an IMDB search and she was only in two movies made here in 1994.

I just hope she isn't one of those very overweight female cops I see at the City Park Jazzfest parking lot each year.

Greg
Greg

February 27th, 2004, 12:39 am #9

I did not read well. Didn't see she had left the force.

dinosaur
dinosaur

March 1st, 2004, 7:35 pm #10

Injured herself, and believe she took a disability pension. Saw her about three years ago. Looked ok, but aging as we all are