DoctorB
DoctorB

November 18th, 2005, 12:02 am #11

Had lunch there today, but sadly, the tiny cylindrical glasses are temporarily retired -- like so many other places, they're using disposable glasses until they get more dishwashers. C.J. Gerdes is Mr. Joe's nephew, who is now full owner of Casamento's and has done all the frying for I don't know how many years. The lady you're talking about, if she has dark, wavy hair, is probably his wife Linda.

November 18th, 2005, 8:28 am #12

What did you order (other than the raw ones)?

Your description of Linda fits my mental picture of her.  Thanks for the info.

On an entirely different but related note (every bit of news about the city is related), if anyone still has a copy of yesterday's paper, see Doctor B's article on the editorial page.

Mr. Lake

DoctorB
DoctorB

November 18th, 2005, 8:05 pm #13

Same thing I get 19 times out of 20: half an oyster loaf, plain. The twentieth time, I get the softshell crab platter and ask if they can give me two small ones instead of one big one, because I think they're sweeter and juicier that way.

I also like their gumbo pretty well and sometimes get it instead of raw.

Thanks for your kind words re: my T-P op-ed piece. Those who didn't save yesterday's paper can read it here.

November 18th, 2005, 8:11 pm #14

Thanks for posting the link. I can't seem to remember to buy a newspaper these days.

PaulaRat

November 18th, 2005, 8:13 pm #15

Same thing I get 19 times out of 20: half an oyster loaf, plain. The twentieth time, I get the softshell crab platter and ask if they can give me two small ones instead of one big one, because I think they're sweeter and juicier that way.

Thanks for your kind words re: my T-P op-ed piece. Those who didn't save yesterday's paper can read it here.
I thoroughly enjoyed the TP article. Thank you for posting the link.

PeteV
PeteV

November 18th, 2005, 9:14 pm #16

are you getting freakin' e-mail? I'm sorry, I meant fargin.