I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 22nd, 2008, 10:36 pm #1

I missed everyone. Came back a day early b/c Greg is a pilot for AA and has to actually fly tonite.

There are no words to describe Yosemite. United, Badger Pass was open. I got to the ski lesson and walked away after 15 minutes. Will not repeat what I was saying under my breath. It was too damned hard and too much work. I recall it being a breeze when I was in my 20's and a lot lighter. I saw snow and played in it but it wasn't very powder-y so I was limited.

I want to read the forum and see what my friends have been up to. Obviously there was no wi fi where we were and no cel phone reception but that was fine with me.

Will post pics later.

Glad to be back

March 22nd, 2008, 11:18 pm #2

I can't wait to see the pictures.

PC and I watched a documentary on Ansel Adams the other night. Needless to say, there were lots of shots of Yosemite!

PaulaRat

March 23rd, 2008, 12:37 am #3

I missed everyone. Came back a day early b/c Greg is a pilot for AA and has to actually fly tonite.

There are no words to describe Yosemite. United, Badger Pass was open. I got to the ski lesson and walked away after 15 minutes. Will not repeat what I was saying under my breath. It was too damned hard and too much work. I recall it being a breeze when I was in my 20's and a lot lighter. I saw snow and played in it but it wasn't very powder-y so I was limited.

I want to read the forum and see what my friends have been up to. Obviously there was no wi fi where we were and no cel phone reception but that was fine with me.

Will post pics later.

Glad to be back
Gonna give it a go tomorrow. Wish us luck. What do you like to do for sides, Maria?

When we were first married, we lived on the side of a mountain with a ski slope--used to be able to watch the skiers from my kitchen window. Even then, I knew that was one winter sport my klutzy self had no business trying. Did okay the few times I went ice-skating, though. I thought it much easier than roller skating; the person who invented roller blades was still a gleam in his daddy's eye in those days!

March 23rd, 2008, 1:18 am #4

Will post pics later.

Glad to be back
Nice to see you. Can't wait for pics!

March 23rd, 2008, 3:45 am #5

Great to see you also. Pics are coming soon. I miss you and sweetie.

March 23rd, 2008, 5:07 am #6

I really have no food reference except that I am going to eat some cheese and crackers as I am having a Corona with a meyer lemon wedge that I picked from my tree. My hands still smell of lemon. The oil from these lemons is incredible.

Ok, a few pics. Hope you enjoy

Just a thang.....

March 23rd, 2008, 10:46 am #7

and he's sitting about ten feet behind me

Funny, I am looking at those in awe, and yet I know the pictures likely don't do it justice!

Thanks for sharing, m.

I love that lemon smell, too. I also like smelling my hands after chopping herbs. And yes, I've used herbal soap before, but it just ain't the same.

PaulaRat

March 23rd, 2008, 2:11 pm #8

I really have no food reference except that I am going to eat some cheese and crackers as I am having a Corona with a meyer lemon wedge that I picked from my tree. My hands still smell of lemon. The oil from these lemons is incredible.

Just a thang.....

and what nice composition! You have a good eye, like so many people on this forum. I lack it, but ya'll need somebody to be an appreciater!

March 23rd, 2008, 3:35 pm #9

Just a thang.....

and I am glad you had a wonderful time - but those photos are about as close as I want to get again to snow!  At least till we retire.

March 23rd, 2008, 4:14 pm #10

Gonna give it a go tomorrow. Wish us luck. What do you like to do for sides, Maria?

When we were first married, we lived on the side of a mountain with a ski slope--used to be able to watch the skiers from my kitchen window. Even then, I knew that was one winter sport my klutzy self had no business trying. Did okay the few times I went ice-skating, though. I thought it much easier than roller skating; the person who invented roller blades was still a gleam in his daddy's eye in those days!
I'm sorry, I posted a reply to your message as a new post. I hope you saw it.