Happy Valiumtimes Day!

Happy Valiumtimes Day!

February 14th, 2008, 1:07 pm #1

I loves every last doggone one of y'alls!

February 14th, 2008, 2:29 pm #2

February 14th, 2008, 3:46 pm #3

I loves every last doggone one of y'alls!
Algerine and I will be lunching at and cruising the Oakwood Mall today in celebration of "Valentimes" Day. If anyone else has a like mind, we're hard to miss.

We haven't been to the mall lately and want to see what else has opened there.

February 14th, 2008, 3:53 pm #4

Tell the Algerine I forgot his $20 in the card this time. I'll make up for it next time (yeah, right!)...

Enjoy your lunch and your stroll through the mall. I sure hope to make it to visit you in March!

JuJu

February 14th, 2008, 7:38 pm #5

Algerine and I will be lunching at and cruising the Oakwood Mall today in celebration of "Valentimes" Day. If anyone else has a like mind, we're hard to miss.

I know.......just wishful thinking!

February 14th, 2008, 7:54 pm #6

sose da mailman can put alla mah valumtimes in it direckly.

February 14th, 2008, 10:39 pm #7

on this valiumtimes day. I LMAO when I saw that.

February 14th, 2008, 11:53 pm #8

I know.......just wishful thinking!
Just "youngsters" clothing, shoes, boutiques, etc. stores. Nothing for us oldsters except for the massage chairs in the mall. We can only find clothes in Sears, Dillard's, and Penney's.

Oh, and JuJu....that isn't a Build-A-Bear shop...it's a Jazzy Bear shop.

The food court is still the usual stuff. Thought they would've filled in the empty spots by now. Had one more food joint. Some kinda Messican taco jernt. We went back to Luciano's, which is just a pizza, lasagna, etc. place in the food court. Not like it was the first time. Was good last time...this time we give it a big "so-so" for the pizza AND lasagna.

Come on....they gotta do better than this.

February 15th, 2008, 11:09 am #9

I loved the Royal Oak. My first experience with Greek cuisine was there and I remember that my menu choices were moussaka, kinda like an eggplant casserole and spanakopita, a spinach pie served between layers of lovely phyllo pastry. My partner thought he was going to be a smartass and ordered a bottle of Retsina (wine that smells like pine oil) for me, but I liked it and continue to drink it to this day. I did have a Greek salad prior to my Royal Oak visit and that was at Sig's Place in Port Sulphur. Sig was Ruth Fertel's brother.

Here's hoping Oakwood goes a step beyond their food court and opens a decent restaurant there, too.

February 16th, 2008, 4:58 am #10

Tell the Algerine I forgot his $20 in the card this time. I'll make up for it next time (yeah, right!)...

Enjoy your lunch and your stroll through the mall. I sure hope to make it to visit you in March!

JuJu
Your birthday ain't til August. I already have your gifts rewrapped.

Food reference: Also gave Algerine a box of Russel Stovers Nut, chewy, and crisp. My favorite is the choc covered nuts, but I insisted he NOT give me any. I tend to lose control....can't eat just one.