Hallelujah! Another son who can cook!

Hallelujah! Another son who can cook!

February 3rd, 2008, 10:54 pm #1

Wes requested that I give him equal time and space on the forum for his culinary accomplishments. He cooked for the Super Bowl party, a deer meat chili recipe he adapted from a chicken chili recipe he found online at Southern Living. Since I am not attending the party, I had a bowl for my lunch before he and his dad left with it. He also asked that I mention that he killed the deer, dressed it, and ground and packaged the meat. Pretty darned good for a 14 year old I'd say!

Here's the hunter and chef at the stove.

Here's my bowl which I overflowed when I went to push a slice of sharp cheddar into the hot chili. It really was delicious.

February 3rd, 2008, 10:59 pm #2

Looks like you won't have to cook all the time. Nice pics, IM.

February 3rd, 2008, 11:05 pm #3

Wes requested that I give him equal time and space on the forum for his culinary accomplishments. He cooked for the Super Bowl party, a deer meat chili recipe he adapted from a chicken chili recipe he found online at Southern Living. Since I am not attending the party, I had a bowl for my lunch before he and his dad left with it. He also asked that I mention that he killed the deer, dressed it, and ground and packaged the meat. Pretty darned good for a 14 year old I'd say!

Here's my bowl which I overflowed when I went to push a slice of sharp cheddar into the hot chili. It really was delicious.

Huntin' and cookin' is good for your soul!

February 4th, 2008, 12:28 am #4

It's nice to have a cooking son! Not a fan of hunting, but if he kills it, cleans it, preps it, and cooks it, well - that's okay. ..

Whenever I utter the word "exercise" I will rinse my mouth with chocolate!

February 4th, 2008, 3:37 am #5

I'm just teasing, IM.

But you know, he can expect that sort of thing if he keeps this up! A way to a real woman's heart is through her stomach, you know...

PaulaRat