Godfather in HD

Godfather in HD

February 7th, 2008, 1:37 pm #1

For all you Godfather fans, when you get to see it in HD, you will be blown away.

February 7th, 2008, 4:07 pm #2

of Mr. Vandelay (Howard). God, he loved The Godfather. When I would call him and ask him what he was doing, he would say one of 3 things:
"watching the Godfather"
"watching the Sopranos"
"watching Curb your Enthusiasm"

February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm #3

too much stress to remember to watch it every week. One of these days I'll rent them and have a marathon.

February 7th, 2008, 9:07 pm #4

Gross, horrible, violent characters. Why would I want to watch them? I don't care how good the writing and acting was. I don't get the appeal of sordid. But obviously I'm in a minority, judging by popular tastes.

LG

February 8th, 2008, 4:51 am #5

I don't like all of that violence either. It is pointless and disturbs me.

February 9th, 2008, 6:48 am #6

For all you Godfather fans, when you get to see it in HD, you will be blown away.
Sadly I don't have an HD tv. Okie, I have a question. In Part 3, there are almost all the same people playing the same roles as in the first 2 parts. Who is that man that is shown throught the movie that is one of Michael's people. He was at the party at the beginning. He was helping Connie sing the group song. He is also the one who was in the little outside room explaining to the press about Michael's award that he got from the pope. I hope you know who I am talking about. Itis driving me crazy.

February 9th, 2008, 7:34 pm #7

I really don't like III very much so I haven't watched it often. Give me a few days to get around to putting it in the blur-ray to see if it sharpens it up enough for my old eyes to tell.

February 10th, 2008, 5:39 am #8

I will be looking forward to your answer. It has been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.
A little hint....the more I watch part 3, the more I like it. It grows on you.

February 14th, 2008, 1:32 pm #9

Sadly I don't have an HD tv. Okie, I have a question. In Part 3, there are almost all the same people playing the same roles as in the first 2 parts. Who is that man that is shown throught the movie that is one of Michael's people. He was at the party at the beginning. He was helping Connie sing the group song. He is also the one who was in the little outside room explaining to the press about Michael's award that he got from the pope. I hope you know who I am talking about. Itis driving me crazy.
I didn't know who it was, either, but I pulled up a transcript of GFIII online and it says that is Dominic Abbandando, Michael's PR director. My guess is it's supposed to be the grandson of Genco Abbandando.

February 15th, 2008, 8:18 pm #10

I know that Gence Abbandando was the guy at the grocery store where Vito worked when he was young. Genco was the one that was Vito's age, right? I don't think he would have been the father, the owner of the grocery. He would have been too old. Am I right?