Dinners this past week...

Dinners this past week...

January 17th, 2008, 5:04 pm #1

Salmon Kebabs with Swiss Chard and Rice:

Fajitas:

Both of these were made by Todd, and were delish! He put pieces of barely ripe banana on the skewer with the salmon, which he marinated in lime juice, fresh ginger and garlic, curry powder and cumin. I know it sounds strange, but it really was good.

January 17th, 2008, 5:29 pm #2

but the spice mixture sounds very good - and both dishes look absolutely wonderful - make your mouth water and your tongue dance in anticipation!

January 17th, 2008, 11:47 pm #3

Fajitas:

Both of these were made by Todd, and were delish! He put pieces of barely ripe banana on the skewer with the salmon, which he marinated in lime juice, fresh ginger and garlic, curry powder and cumin. I know it sounds strange, but it really was good.
I see your Netflix in the background!

January 18th, 2008, 12:23 am #4

Fajitas:

I need to try that. I never know what to do with salmon, except make a dip. I had the best salmon on our honeymoon cruise. It was cold smoked salmon with a rich dark sauce. Did you know that on a cruise, instead of choosing one entree they let you have as many as you like? (Well they used to anyway.) I had the salmon along with an okra dish that I can't remember at the moment. Something Caribbean style - nice and spicy.

January 18th, 2008, 1:00 am #5

I bet I have a dozen salmon dishes in my repetoire. Broiling is great, even just baking, and of course, grilling. I do one en papillote (or in tin ferl, if you prefer ) with carmelized onions and currants.

Suz, that looks great! I love Pinot Noir with salmon - and other reds, of course.

PaulaRat

January 18th, 2008, 4:08 am #6

Fajitas:

Went outside today only to pick up the paper, bring in the garbage and mail, and let the dog out/in. I know it wasn't really cold but it "felt like" it was to me so chili or soup was in order. I didn't take a photo because chili ain't real exciting even if it does include beans.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past

January 18th, 2008, 4:12 am #7

do you have days where you never get dressed, just stay in your night clothes all day?

January 18th, 2008, 4:18 am #8

And I have days when I stay in my day clothes all night. It ain't a pretty sight.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past

January 18th, 2008, 4:37 am #9

Went outside today only to pick up the paper, bring in the garbage and mail, and let the dog out/in. I know it wasn't really cold but it "felt like" it was to me so chili or soup was in order. I didn't take a photo because chili ain't real exciting even if it does include beans.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past
But I made mine yesterday. It was very cold, It actually snowed for 2 or three hours but it was all gone after it turned to rain late last night.They are saying more snow Saturday with accumulation.
All the bread and milk will be gone from the groceries quickly.

January 18th, 2008, 2:04 pm #10

And I have days when I stay in my day clothes all night. It ain't a pretty sight.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past
my dau worked a block from that mall in Omaha where the shooting was. She went there every day and walked on her lunch hour. She is working from home now and loves it. She goes downstatairs to her office, she loves it. I love being home more now too, for the pets and like today it 10 degrees out.