Crescent City Steakhouse

Crescent City Steakhouse

January 5th, 2008, 3:05 am #1

We had a wonderful time with JAG and the Lakes. Sweetie had the ribeye which he said was excellent. I tasted JAG's steak and liked it a lot. Very tender. I had Shrimp Clemenceau which was good, but I can put shrimp, fries, peas and mushrooms on a plate at home. (Ok I guess I can't complain because it is a steak place after all.) The brabant potatoes were not buttery at all but more like square French fries and dry. Everyone enjoyed their steaks very much. The waiter was very nice but either a tad bit forgetful or the bar was quite slow in getting drinks out. As sweetie said, this is a place where it's more important to get the food out so you can enjoy the company. Don't get me wrong, they all said the steaks are wonderful but everything else was just either ok or acceptable.

He just reminded me that I must say the bread pudding and Lake's cheesecake were great. Actually the bread pudding was among the best I've had.

Here's a pic I took of the Piazza just before going to CCS:

Last edited by MrsFury on January 5th, 2008, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2008, 1:38 pm #2

Or food? What the...?

Just kidding, Mrs. Fury. Thanks for the report. Sounds like y'all passed a good time.

PaulaRat

January 6th, 2008, 1:30 am #3

of each of us with our meals.

My lyonaise potatoes were excellent and I really liked the Lake's mushrooms. My steak was very good. Tasted aged, do we know if they do age their steaks?

The Lake's and I went for a couple drinks to Lou and Bob's. I think 2 or 3 cocktails and 4(?) Abita Ambers were a total of $12. LOL Great little joint that Lou and Bob's.

January 6th, 2008, 1:13 pm #4

1. Where is it?

2. How does it rank on the "scary" scale when compared to Saturn?

Hard to beat those prices!

PaulaRat

January 6th, 2008, 1:30 pm #5

We had a wonderful time with JAG and the Lakes. Sweetie had the ribeye which he said was excellent. I tasted JAG's steak and liked it a lot. Very tender. I had Shrimp Clemenceau which was good, but I can put shrimp, fries, peas and mushrooms on a plate at home. (Ok I guess I can't complain because it is a steak place after all.) The brabant potatoes were not buttery at all but more like square French fries and dry. Everyone enjoyed their steaks very much. The waiter was very nice but either a tad bit forgetful or the bar was quite slow in getting drinks out. As sweetie said, this is a place where it's more important to get the food out so you can enjoy the company. Don't get me wrong, they all said the steaks are wonderful but everything else was just either ok or acceptable.

He just reminded me that I must say the bread pudding and Lake's cheesecake were great. Actually the bread pudding was among the best I've had.

Here's a pic I took of the Piazza just before going to CCS:

January 6th, 2008, 1:34 pm #6

1. Where is it?

2. How does it rank on the "scary" scale when compared to Saturn?

Hard to beat those prices!

PaulaRat
Lou & Bob's is in the quiet Ole Metry neighborhood known as Hog Alley, one block from Radosta's. The place is not "scary" at all, but warm and inviting. A smaller version of Metry Cafe, but off the beaten path.

January 6th, 2008, 3:39 pm #7

about how horrible the waiter was, especially with the wine.  I hope the food outshone the service.
in my posts on several forums that I truely enjoyed my steak and the lyonaise potatoes were excellent. Lake's mushrooms were really great as well.

Mrs Fury's should have kicked ass, but it didn't. In my opinion it should have had bernaise sauce on it as well.

The barbant potatoes werent. It's that simple. They were diced and deep fried. Boring.

January 6th, 2008, 5:01 pm #8

of each of us with our meals.

My lyonaise potatoes were excellent and I really liked the Lake's mushrooms. My steak was very good. Tasted aged, do we know if they do age their steaks?

The Lake's and I went for a couple drinks to Lou and Bob's. I think 2 or 3 cocktails and 4(?) Abita Ambers were a total of $12. LOL Great little joint that Lou and Bob's.
Hope to post the pics soon.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past
Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums

January 6th, 2008, 5:04 pm #9

Lou & Bob's is in the quiet Ole Metry neighborhood known as Hog Alley, one block from Radosta's. The place is not "scary" at all, but warm and inviting. A smaller version of Metry Cafe, but off the beaten path.
Friendly old time neighborhood place. Thanks to JAG for introducing us to it and the very gracious lady behind the bar. We had a good time and will likely be back.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past

January 6th, 2008, 5:20 pm #10

in my posts on several forums that I truely enjoyed my steak and the lyonaise potatoes were excellent. Lake's mushrooms were really great as well.

Mrs Fury's should have kicked ass, but it didn't. In my opinion it should have had bernaise sauce on it as well.

The barbant potatoes werent. It's that simple. They were diced and deep fried. Boring.
was clueless. Mike and I realized that as soon as we were seated and tried to explain (as we did before we were seated) that we expected at least two other diners but perhaps a total of four more. He didn't comprehend; first he started adding a place setting (for a total of five at the table). Then he took one away = four. And when we tried to make it clear (again) that we might have a total of six, he mumbled something about being stuck in traffic and needing a moment to settle in (or something like that).

Just for the sake of "argument" I'm clarifying that we didn't take the table until we were certain that the person who seated us (she was not our waiter) understood our situation. She said it was fine to take the table set for four because it could be "popped-up" to accommodate five or six diners.

JAG's conversation with the waiter about the wine she ordered was like something from an Ernie Kovacs skit. I know nothing about wine but even I could understand that what she got was not what she had ordered.

Mr. Lake

New Orleans Past