Anybody Know ... ?

Anybody Know ... ?

April 8th, 2007, 5:32 pm #1

Last night I watched the movie, "Love Song For Bobby Long," for the second time.

Many of the scenes in the movie looked vaguely familiar to me. However, I could not pinpoint the neighborhood shown several times in the movie.

Some looked like Algiers, some looked like the cemataries out at the end of Canal. Some looked like they were in City Park and some I saw on St Charles, around Audobon Park.

The house in the picture reminded me of a friend's house on Monticello, just behind the Water Works. There was a levee at the end of that street also, although it was so many years ago I can't recall the names.

This may have been the subject of a thread here before, but I missed it if it was mentioned before.

Can anyone tell me where some of those scenes were shot?

Some didn't even look like New Orleans to me, but I did recoginize some scenes in the Quarter.

George Martin
Pacifica, CA
http://home.earthlink.net/~bat20/

April 8th, 2007, 6:13 pm #2

It was Algiers maybe? He'll check in and we will get an answer for ya. Happy Easter!

April 8th, 2007, 6:36 pm #3

Last night I watched the movie, "Love Song For Bobby Long," for the second time.

Many of the scenes in the movie looked vaguely familiar to me. However, I could not pinpoint the neighborhood shown several times in the movie.

Some looked like Algiers, some looked like the cemataries out at the end of Canal. Some looked like they were in City Park and some I saw on St Charles, around Audobon Park.

The house in the picture reminded me of a friend's house on Monticello, just behind the Water Works. There was a levee at the end of that street also, although it was so many years ago I can't recall the names.

This may have been the subject of a thread here before, but I missed it if it was mentioned before.

Some didn't even look like New Orleans to me, but I did recoginize some scenes in the Quarter.

George Martin
Pacifica, CA
The house is in an Old Gretna neighborhood just off Hamilton Street near the River. The bar scenes were shot in Bud Rip's at Piety and Burgundy. The levee scenes were probably shot near Stone Fuel's dock in Old Gretna just off First Street. I had a blast tracking down those locations, especially Bud Rip's (I've been hanging out there since I was five or six).

Bud Rip's interior shot from the movie.

(Photo by Lake Enterprises, Inc.)
Bud Rip's at Piety and Burgundy, some old reprobate holding the building up.

(Photo by Lake Enterprises, Inc.)
Interior of Bud Rip's, same reprobate cooling his tonsils.

Misriveria
Misriveria

April 8th, 2007, 11:40 pm #4

George Martin
Pacifica, CA
I read the book which I loved. I am still searching...

April 9th, 2007, 12:47 am #5

Email me your address and I'll send it to you. Put Misriv in the subject line so I know it's you.

girlygirlfury@yahoo.com

April 9th, 2007, 1:13 am #6

Dont be crabby, have a beer frig magnet....deal??

April 9th, 2007, 1:28 am #7

I am a master procrastinator but I'll try to send tomorrow. I'd like the magnet. Thanks! CopCop knows I watched it already so he won't mind that it's going to Iowa.

April 9th, 2007, 2:55 am #8

George Martin
Pacifica, CA
This is one of my favorite DVD/VHS locator sites.

http://www.ccvideo.com/item.cfm?itemid=COL003800

"Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates."
-Fernando Pessoa, Portuguese poet
(1888-1935)-