A day with CopCop

A day with CopCop

February 23rd, 2008, 10:26 pm #1

We went to Hymel's on River Road today. I took some pics, of course. CopCop did too, I'm sure he will post them later. We went up Airline and stopped in Gramercy for our nature walk and Zapp's chips then drove on to Hymel's. On the way back we stopped at St. Michael's church cemetery, which is very old.

http://picasaweb.google.com/girlygirl2969/HymelS

February 23rd, 2008, 10:41 pm #2

Sorry I didn't join yall. I'm just now getting up to get ready to finally think about maybe leaving the house...lol

How was that shrimp plate? Looks yummy.

February 23rd, 2008, 10:57 pm #3

We went to Hymel's on River Road today. I took some pics, of course. CopCop did too, I'm sure he will post them later. We went up Airline and stopped in Gramercy for our nature walk and Zapp's chips then drove on to Hymel's. On the way back we stopped at St. Michael's church cemetery, which is very old.

lol, I spent the day snoozing on and off with a Hitchcock marathon on (TMC).

Thanks for the pictures, I just love cemetaries. That sounds so weird, doesn't it? lol... was it old enough that some of the tombstones were written in French?

Judib

February 23rd, 2008, 11:26 pm #4

I worked all day.  Plus ca change.  Bah.

February 23rd, 2008, 11:30 pm #5

Oh, how fun, and what a great way to spend such a beautiful Saturday!!

Thanks for the pictures, I just love cemetaries. That sounds so weird, doesn't it? lol... was it old enough that some of the tombstones were written in French?

Judib
Some of the tombstones written in French? LOL! ALL of them were written in French! What a shame so many are crumbling to dust, though. Buffy spotted a memorial to the deceased whose graves were lost forever due to age and natural disasters.

February 23rd, 2008, 11:32 pm #6

but, why is Mr. Toast conspicuously absent from the seafood platter pic?  Hmmm.

I worked all day.  Plus ca change.  Bah.
last night on my catfish/shrimp plate at The Galley.

Judib

February 23rd, 2008, 11:40 pm #7

Oh, how fun, and what a great way to spend such a beautiful Saturday!!

Judib
I love cemeteries. Whenever you want to come just let me know.

Jag, my shrimp plate was delicious.

February 23rd, 2008, 11:56 pm #8

February 24th, 2008, 12:18 am #9

last night on my catfish/shrimp plate at The Galley.

Judib
That little guy gets around, huh? Did you prepare your seafood platter toast Mrs. Fury fashion?

February 24th, 2008, 12:24 am #10

Mrs. Fury and CopCop,

We definitely enjoyed the food and company. It's been sooooo long since I had crawfish bisque with the heads. I loved the spice level (just enough to make you feel it but not so much as to overwhelm the dish) and the stuffed heads were excellent. Next time I'm gonna ask for extra french bread to sop up all the sauce. I counted 8 heads in my dish. Very generous portion.

The shrimp po-boy was nice too. Shrimp fried well, not greasy at all. And of course the onion rings were good as Y'all know.

The only bump in the meal was when the waitress brought my drink. I ordered a Maker's Mark. She brought something dark, definitely not bourbon. I asked her to check and she said "yep, that's what you ordered." I went to the bar and asked the bartender and had a good laugh. The waitress mistakenly wrote down Myers Dark instead of Maker's Mark. No problem, they corrected it and we all had a good laugh.

It was my first visit to Hymel's and won't be my last.

It was a pleasure dining with Y'all. Looking forward to the next meal.

EAC