a craven whinge for sympathy

a craven whinge for sympathy

January 22nd, 2008, 1:11 am #1

I had what I thought was a simple cellulitis in my elbow the past few days; started some pretty heavy duty antibiotics but they were not helping.  It blew up badly today and I had to have the elbow opened up, drained and packed - septic bursitis.  My boss was, essentially, indifferent.  He's allowing me the afternoon hours today off as sick time, but there was not the slightest suggestion of 'why don't you take tomorrow off?' from him.  So I'm going back to work with this arm that is VERY sore and not bendable due to the dressing.  I have to drink with only one arm!!  I am feeling extremely sorry for myself.  David has been great (of course).  He says, take the time anyway - but if I don't do it, it doesn't get done and then I get even more behind than I already am.  I already work seven damn days a week, what more can I do?  Losing this afternoon really messes me up.  I need to win the lottery.  OK.  Whinge over.  Thanks for listening.

January 22nd, 2008, 1:20 am #2

You do have mine. What a boss! Maybe he doesn't realize how serious it is? Get better.

January 22nd, 2008, 1:28 am #3

I had what I thought was a simple cellulitis in my elbow the past few days; started some pretty heavy duty antibiotics but they were not helping.  It blew up badly today and I had to have the elbow opened up, drained and packed - septic bursitis.  My boss was, essentially, indifferent.  He's allowing me the afternoon hours today off as sick time, but there was not the slightest suggestion of 'why don't you take tomorrow off?' from him.  So I'm going back to work with this arm that is VERY sore and not bendable due to the dressing.  I have to drink with only one arm!!  I am feeling extremely sorry for myself.  David has been great (of course).  He says, take the time anyway - but if I don't do it, it doesn't get done and then I get even more behind than I already am.  I already work seven damn days a week, what more can I do?  Losing this afternoon really messes me up.  I need to win the lottery.  OK.  Whinge over.  Thanks for listening.
How does one get septic bursitis? I have bursitis in my hips. I'm so sorry for you.

January 22nd, 2008, 1:33 am #4

...that boss doesn't seem too understanding, to say the least! Hope you're on the mend soon.

And Mrs. Fury - I, too, have bursitis in my hip (a fairly recent development). Would be interested to hear if you have any tips that have helped you.

LG

January 22nd, 2008, 6:42 am #5

that boss is the type that whines when he gets a splinter in his finger.

Poor soul, take it easy and let them worry about the rat-race for a day.....or even two.

January 22nd, 2008, 8:03 am #6

Take the time off that you need, Barbara. As a medical professional you know that's what you should do.

January 22nd, 2008, 7:53 pm #7

Just got on this afternoon. Infections are their own special hellish brand of pain. Hope you are getting the break you need--how effective can you be working with that stuff going on? Had my last remaining wisdom tooth pulled this a.m., and you can bet I'm not offering to trade places with you!

January 22nd, 2008, 8:20 pm #8

How does one get septic bursitis? I have bursitis in my hips. I'm so sorry for you.

LG

January 23rd, 2008, 12:07 am #9

I figured out it must mean "whine", but hadda look it up, and found it's Australian slang. If it's used in Canada, it's one I've never come across.

LG

January 23rd, 2008, 12:28 am #10

...that boss doesn't seem too understanding, to say the least! Hope you're on the mend soon.

And Mrs. Fury - I, too, have bursitis in my hip (a fairly recent development). Would be interested to hear if you have any tips that have helped you.

LG

I only had an attack maybe a few times a year. This year has been the worst. Went to the zoo and could not walk back to the car. Anyway I went to the doc the next day. They did tests and that's what I have. Bursitis. Sucks. There's nothing you can do except take anti inflams & put ice on it. Resting is the best medicine. You can get a shot in the affected area but I'd rather have the bursa removed (which is an option) than get that shot again. I fainted last time I got one - the pain was that bad. Sorry to hear that you have it, I would not wish that pain on anyone.