FSX Buccaneer S2 Support

SkippyBing
Rear Admiral
SkippyBing
Rear Admiral

October 16th, 2013, 11:08 pm #1

Get it here!

There's a fair to middling chance that while assembling all the parts for the installer I accidentally missed something obvious, if you spot it or have any questions about the S2 ask them here!

MDIvey
Officer Cadet
MDIvey
Officer Cadet

October 17th, 2013, 7:40 am #2

Thanks Phil, I've been really looking forward to this... now I just need some time to give it a try.

Matt

MDIvey
Officer Cadet
MDIvey
Officer Cadet

October 17th, 2013, 1:11 pm #3

Hi Phil

I've only had a chance to try out the 809Sq S2D... your work is superb as always but just spotted a couple of things to report back on....

1) Textures missing or jumbled on armament launch panel

2) Martel... I set the buttons as per manual (job to tell because of texture problem) and they drop and disappear but I did not see an animation of them flying away with a contrail if that is supposed to happen.

3) Nosecone tip. This is light in some lighting and dark in others which has the illusion in some backdrops of making the nose look like it has a bit missing. To me this looks like a geometry smoothing issue rather than a material texture one. I'm getting a dab hand at finding solutions to these niggling problems in MAX (ask Craig R :D ) so if you want to send me a stripped down project file with just nosecone and the texture applied I'd be happy to take a look and give it a go... no promises mind. I know its not a big issue but it does slightly spoil an otherwise perfect external model.

Anyway hope you don't mind me flagging these points up.

Matt

ianc
Officer Cadet
ianc
Officer Cadet

October 17th, 2013, 4:42 pm #4

Hi Guys

Downloaded this afternoon and just tried to load it but getting fatal error message on the free flight screen in FSX. Tried other aircraft and no problem. Using win 7 64 bit as the os.

Ian

SkippyBing
Rear Admiral
SkippyBing
Rear Admiral

October 17th, 2013, 6:06 pm #5

Ref the S2D textured, copy the Cockpit01.dds from the texture.granby folder to the texture.809R folder. I'm not sure what happened there as I made a point of checking that before I made the installer! I'll upload an updated installer directly.

There is a vague failure rate where the missiles will fall into the sea, but you should see most of them fly out ahead of the aircraft. The ARM ones do more of a climb as they depart. They do accelerate quite quickly so can be a pain to spot.

When I can face going back in to the model I'll see if I can send you a file with the nose cone, oddly it seems ok on my laptop but less so on my desktop so I think there may be a graphics card issue at play.

Ian, not sure what is going on with you, I use Win 7 64 bit as well so I don't think that's the culprit.
Are you able to load a flight with a different aircraft and then swap to the Bucc or does that have the same effect?

MDIvey
Officer Cadet
MDIvey
Officer Cadet

October 17th, 2013, 7:13 pm #6

Thanks for reply Phil

I've copied that texture across so just need to try it out now.

understand how you feel about the model after working on it so long... I feel the same way about the Loco I'm working on now :D .

Matt

ianc
Officer Cadet
ianc
Officer Cadet

October 17th, 2013, 7:54 pm #7

Hi Phil

Yes I can get it to load by using a default aircraft first but get a fatal error report on exiting FSX.

Ian

SkippyBing
Rear Admiral
SkippyBing
Rear Admiral

October 17th, 2013, 7:58 pm #8

Hmmmm, I'm not totally sure what's going on although I have a suspicion it may involve the dll gauges. Give me a couple of days to figure out a diagnosis plan!

ianc
Officer Cadet
ianc
Officer Cadet

October 17th, 2013, 9:41 pm #9

Hi Phil

Thanks-yes I had the same thought but why they may be the culprit I don't know. Not had the problem before though.

Best wishes

Ian

WarHorse47
Lieutenant-Commander
WarHorse47
Lieutenant-Commander

October 18th, 2013, 1:17 am #10

Been flying the S2 and really enjoying it. I do have a couple items to add.

For some reason it seems harder to perform a cold start than the S1. Not sure why. I'm still trying to get the technique down.

Also, on some of the models there are some missing gauges such as the (34) RADALT Gauge Pre-MARTEL and (39) G-Meter Pre-MARKEL. This is intentional?

I will admit to knowing little about the Bucc, so I can only assume there are gauge variations between the marks.

Thanks

--WH