Flight Sim World?

A place to discuss all Flying Stations aircraft creations.

Flight Sim World?

angr607
Officer Cadet
angr607
Officer Cadet

06 Oct 2017, 14:45 #1

Hello,

Is there any chance of an official upgrade of some of your fantastic products into Flight Sim World by Dovetail? I've already (unofficially I must stress) managed to get your Sea Fury and Swordfish into the sim (both using the FSX version) and they look and fly stunning. That said, I also have them in both P3D and FSX already so expected nothing less!

Here are some images of them in the sim after the latest update:-

If you want, I can send the modified aircraft.CFGs across (only to the original designer for his/her reference, no one else). I only had to add some code to it to get them to work and they work beautifully!

I have tried to get the Buccaneers into FSW as well but they don't want to work (annoyingly, they would look stunning in FSW)!

Cheers,

Jon

SkippyBing
Rear Admiral
SkippyBing
Rear Admiral

06 Oct 2017, 15:30 #2

I'll have to have a look and see if they've got a SDK for creating aircraft, and what their distribution model is as it seems to require everything goes via their store which.

angr607
Officer Cadet
angr607
Officer Cadet

11 Oct 2017, 21:36 #3

SkippyBing @ Oct 6 2017, 03:30 PM wrote: I'll have to have a look and see if they've got a SDK for creating aircraft, and what their distribution model is as it seems to require everything goes via their store which.

You don't have to use their sales methods. you can use direct sales as well. SDK is in the works (should be available in the next 3 months to quote one of their streams) but seeing as they have a P40 on the way, a Sea Fury would be fantastic for very little work! I can vouch it looks stunning in FSW (using my very hillbilly methods to get it in!).

Cheers,

Jon

sp762
Midshipman
sp762
Midshipman

12 Oct 2017, 00:45 #4

Out of curiosity - is there much difference between P3D and FSW?