Yeah, Montreal isn't very good, but

Yeah, Montreal isn't very good, but

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

March 25th, 2012, 2:06 am #1

That was a pretty damn good game by our boys. Briere gets two, Read gets one, the PP clicks again, and Bryz kept up his incredible play. I still thought the D played a very good game. Grossman stood out as making some good physical, smart, defensive plays. My one complaint would have been that they started slow (again), but I'd rather see a good final 50 than a strong first 20 and a fall off thereafter.

Brett
Brett

March 25th, 2012, 5:45 am #2

I really hope they retain him for next season. Kubina I could care less about, but Grossman has played very sound defensive hockey since his acquisition. If it were up to me, I would resign Grossman, let Carle walk, and put that money towards making a run at Ryan Suter. Carle is decent, but he is probably going to be getting way more than he deserves as a UFA. Much rather pay for top talent in free agency than overpay for middling talent.

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 25th, 2012, 11:16 am #3

That was a pretty damn good game by our boys. Briere gets two, Read gets one, the PP clicks again, and Bryz kept up his incredible play. I still thought the D played a very good game. Grossman stood out as making some good physical, smart, defensive plays. My one complaint would have been that they started slow (again), but I'd rather see a good final 50 than a strong first 20 and a fall off thereafter.
Mine is that they played down to the Habs, gave up way too many odd man rushes, and basically erased their many mistakes with PP output and another stellar calm game by Bryzgalov.

That was not a thing of beauty to behold from my chair, though that last goal was sweet. Come to think of it, the goal Briere got from the quick up from Bryzgalov to Jagr was pretty nice looking too.

Against a stronger opponent, their game last night mught have buried them.

But, I ALWAYS LOVE beating the Habs!!!

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 25th, 2012, 6:07 pm #4

I really hope they retain him for next season. Kubina I could care less about, but Grossman has played very sound defensive hockey since his acquisition. If it were up to me, I would resign Grossman, let Carle walk, and put that money towards making a run at Ryan Suter. Carle is decent, but he is probably going to be getting way more than he deserves as a UFA. Much rather pay for top talent in free agency than overpay for middling talent.
Let Carle walk sign Grossmann and if Pronger isn't coming back make a play for Suter. The team can score so there isn't much to do up front except add some toughness one would think replacing Pronger would be the priority IF it needs to be done.

fff

Icer
Icer

March 26th, 2012, 8:14 pm #5

Kimmo - Mesz - Kubina - Grossman - Lilja - Bourdon - Gus

fine by me

Confirmation of reply: