WOW....just wow

WOW....just wow

Brett
Brett

April 16th, 2012, 3:42 am #1

Yeah, Im flying through the neutral zone, Im regrouping, I didnt even mean to hit him. I dont know if the puck was in his feet or not or where it was. I let up as much as I could and it is what it is, he said.

-Quote from James Neal on the Sean Couturier hit

He jumped into him and make direct contact with his head...what does not leaving up mean? Breaking his stick over his knee and using it as a spear? Neal is a liar and too much of a coward to own up to his cheap shot ways.

Not too be outdone, Cindy Crosby, in all her petulant and self-entitled glory, stated that she pushed Voracek's glove away because:

I dont like him, Crosby said.

Because I dont like him. I dont like any guy on their team. So ..., Crosby said.

Sounds like the kind of statements my girlfriend's five year old niece says when she doesn't get her way...she likes to pout too.

You expect better out of hockey players...but in Pittsburgh, you would be wrong to expect better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/1 ... per-sidney

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

April 16th, 2012, 3:57 am #2

He would be more honest to say "it was stupid but I was frustrated and I just wanted to get back at them for beating us so bad and I and my team don't know how to do it right now so we resorted to cheap shots".

"Sounds like the kind of statements my girlfriend's five year old niece says when she doesn't get her way...she likes to pout too."

When these playoffs started I said that the Pens were beatable because of two things, their defense was suspect and they had an attitude of entitlement. When things don't go their way they sulk and whine and complain and cheap shot players and that is exactly what has happened. The Crosby post game comments are a reflection of that sense of entitlement, he is lost and has no answers. His comment when questioned about swatting away Voraceks glove, "what was I suppose to do hand it to him" was a tell tale sign that Sid the Kid is lost. On second thought maybe he really is that stupid.

fff

Outland
Outland

April 16th, 2012, 1:12 pm #3

I think he'd be a bad captain if he did what you thought he should have. NO captain should ever say things like that about his own team even if they would be true.

I thought what Crosby said was him being brutally honest. No dancing around the issue or lieing that he was trying to pick it up with the blade. He made it clear why he did it and he wasn't apologizing to anybody for it. He didn't try to sugarcoat his actions or make himself seen in a better light. So what did we learn? Crosby hates the Flyers as much as they hate him. Shocker. Heh heh heh

In the old days, the news guys would love that stuff as it would sell a lot of papers.

Out(I've seen nothing that I haven't seen before)land

Raggs
Raggs

April 16th, 2012, 1:59 pm #4

I actualy laughed listening to his interview last night, thinking back to Ritchie's interviews that were just stock answers. It's nice to see the raw emotion. Boy has this been a fun start to the Playoffs, I just can't imagine how any game could be more entertaining that what we are seeing.

dl
dl

April 16th, 2012, 2:11 pm #5

I think he'd be a bad captain if he did what you thought he should have. NO captain should ever say things like that about his own team even if they would be true.

I thought what Crosby said was him being brutally honest. No dancing around the issue or lieing that he was trying to pick it up with the blade. He made it clear why he did it and he wasn't apologizing to anybody for it. He didn't try to sugarcoat his actions or make himself seen in a better light. So what did we learn? Crosby hates the Flyers as much as they hate him. Shocker. Heh heh heh

In the old days, the news guys would love that stuff as it would sell a lot of papers.

should Neal say, YES I was trying to put Corutier out of the game, he is killing us and I hate him and all the Flyers? After the display he and the Pens put on, saying I did something (cheap) because I hate the Flyers, is degrading to him and his organeyezation imho.

He could have just as easily said, hey things happen in a game, and it is all part of the game and left it at that.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

April 16th, 2012, 4:33 pm #6

THAT i disagree with. His statements were excuses for his undisciplined play and he is their captain. He could very well be responsible for Neal and Asham getting suspended because they followed his lead. He needs to set the example for his team and swatting gloves away and cheap shotting guys was and is NOT going to get them back into this series!!I don't really expect him to say that he and his team are a bunch of phuckups but at least it would be honest. His statements were not very responsible for a captain although he may think it is being honest it is much more honest to say "I phucked up and need to set a better example for my team"

fff

PHUCK THE PISSGUINS!!! SUSPEND THEM ALL I SAY!!!!!

Icer
Icer

April 16th, 2012, 4:59 pm #7

should Neal say, YES I was trying to put Corutier out of the game, he is killing us and I hate him and all the Flyers? After the display he and the Pens put on, saying I did something (cheap) because I hate the Flyers, is degrading to him and his organeyezation imho.

He could have just as easily said, hey things happen in a game, and it is all part of the game and left it at that.
Crosy WAS being honest, and it's most telling. The "I hate the guy so I did something childish and disrespectful", I have no other answers speaks volumes about his attitude. I would have at least respected Neal for saying he hit coots because he hates him. Which is the dishonesty part of this - of all the things Neal could have said, to say what he did when it was so highly obvious it wasn't even close to the truth is just more of that "who, me?" attitude of the penguins.

WCF
WCF

April 16th, 2012, 5:31 pm #8

THAT i disagree with. His statements were excuses for his undisciplined play and he is their captain. He could very well be responsible for Neal and Asham getting suspended because they followed his lead. He needs to set the example for his team and swatting gloves away and cheap shotting guys was and is NOT going to get them back into this series!!I don't really expect him to say that he and his team are a bunch of phuckups but at least it would be honest. His statements were not very responsible for a captain although he may think it is being honest it is much more honest to say "I phucked up and need to set a better example for my team"

fff

PHUCK THE PISSGUINS!!! SUSPEND THEM ALL I SAY!!!!!
petulent child who is not used to not getting his way in all aspects. At 25 he's won everything a player could want with a Gold Medal and a Cup, but that's the problem. EVERYTHING came too easy for him and the league paved the way by protecting their poster boy and fostering the image that he is the golden child. Well, their golden child is not as perfect as they think he is and he is the prime reason the Tanker scumbag organization thinks they are untouchable and above the rules.

Pitts
Pitts

April 16th, 2012, 6:22 pm #9

Crosy WAS being honest, and it's most telling. The "I hate the guy so I did something childish and disrespectful", I have no other answers speaks volumes about his attitude. I would have at least respected Neal for saying he hit coots because he hates him. Which is the dishonesty part of this - of all the things Neal could have said, to say what he did when it was so highly obvious it wasn't even close to the truth is just more of that "who, me?" attitude of the penguins.
First, I'm on record here saying I did not like the Crosby glove incident.

But, tell me, what is the difference between that and Chris Pronger stealing the puck from Chicago in the Cup finals? Are you gonna call Pronger a whiny, spoiled brat because he took the puck and went home like a baby on the playground?

It's all gamesmanship and for everyone here to cry foul over such an insignificant incident rings of hypocrisy.

Freak
Freak

April 16th, 2012, 7:01 pm #10

What Crosby did, whether funny or not, was disrespectful. You just don't do that. I think it should have been a unsportsmanlike penalty against Crybaby for his actions. Let me ask you this Pitts...if that was Rinaldo swatting Crybabys glove away as he went to pick it up, it would have been a guaranteed 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike.

Whether us here in Flyer land like it or not, Crybaby is the face of the league. He should be above such actions. At no point in time did Gretzky pull that crap. Never.

What Crybaby did in that one cheap action is prove all of the Flyer nation right that he is a whiny, snotty nosed puke. It was cheap, and again..this type of crap really takes away from the incredible talent that Crybaby has.
The after game interview of "I hate them..."..not very becoming of the face of the league. I think he lowers his stature with idiotic plays like the glove swat, and the comments after ward. He needs to grow up, or someday, someone will knock him on his a$$ and he won't get up.

Confirmation of reply: