WIP reporting an offer to Doan

WIP reporting an offer to Doan

Icer
Icer

July 19th, 2012, 7:07 pm #1

Has Ed decided he doesn't have much time left?

The Animal
The Animal

July 19th, 2012, 7:44 pm #2

7mil plus to a 35yr old who's stats are trending down, doesn't sound like a good move to me. I'd rather Semin, who is a better scorer, better plus minus and is much younger. I don't understand the love affair with Doan.

Pitts
Pitts

July 19th, 2012, 11:21 pm #3

Form what I understand, with Weber's salary added, the Flyers sit almost that much over the cap currently. By LTIRing Pronger when the season starts, they will be right at or under the $70.2 mil cap. How could they possibly add Doan? I suppose if the Weber offer goes through, they'd have to move defenseman or two. IDK

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

July 19th, 2012, 11:24 pm #4

7mil plus to a 35yr old who's stats are trending down, doesn't sound like a good move to me. I'd rather Semin, who is a better scorer, better plus minus and is much younger. I don't understand the love affair with Doan.
nuff said.

fff

Brett
Brett

July 20th, 2012, 4:19 am #5

Form what I understand, with Weber's salary added, the Flyers sit almost that much over the cap currently. By LTIRing Pronger when the season starts, they will be right at or under the $70.2 mil cap. How could they possibly add Doan? I suppose if the Weber offer goes through, they'd have to move defenseman or two. IDK
Capgeek has us $7.8 million under the cap prior to Pronger's LTIR being factored in. Voracek still needs to be signed, but Pronger's salary would cover that and any difference between the cap ceiling and Weber's contract.

Not saying I think we are going to sign Doan, there is no money for that without jettisoning Coburn or Meszaros (and that's for something more reasonable than a $7 million hit for Doan...which I think is way too much).

Unless of course Poile is dying to get his hands on Briere, Shelley, and Lilja! (I can dream if I want to....)

Pitts
Pitts

July 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm #6

Earlier articles were spewing info before having all the details apparently. Read one this morning that says basically what you are -- that with Pronger moved to LTIR, that frees up enough ($3-$4 mil) to re-sign Voracek and have a bit of wiggle room under the cap next season.

However, it still does not give enough room to add Doan.

Confirmation of reply: