Who runs this site?

Who runs this site?

Freak
Freak

January 13th, 2012, 2:35 am #1

Hey..just curious...

for the last few months there has been a ? at the top of the page, just under Flyermania: Flyers Fan Forum and above the top line above the scoreboard.

This is a simple issue with the HTML page...there is an extra ? in the code, and I know where it is, and want to remove it. It is just bugging the hell out of me, and it seems pretty unprofessional for it to be there,

Any help as to who is in charge and how we can get this removed. I know this is a stupid issue to have, but ..you know..lol

Brett
Brett

January 13th, 2012, 2:39 am #2

Between the forum and the history site, I think it is a phenomenal job especially considering it is one guy doing.

Please don't call it unprofessional, it's insulting to the countless hours he has put into this site.

He posts on the board under Flyershistory, when he does post.

Thanks for all you do, Pete!

The Freak
The Freak

January 13th, 2012, 2:43 am #3

but having code showing up on the page looks bad.

I am not saying he does a bad job, can't code or anything like that.
The "?" mark has been bugging the hell out of me for months. I'd like to see it fixed, because it is at the top of the page, and people can see that.

I think he does a great job too, I was thinking that with all the lines of code in the HTML file, between the javascript and the css, he might not be able to find the "?" mark in question. I was only going to offer to help him find it.

Outland
Outland

January 13th, 2012, 3:31 am #4

Hey..just curious...

for the last few months there has been a ? at the top of the page, just under Flyermania: Flyers Fan Forum and above the top line above the scoreboard.

This is a simple issue with the HTML page...there is an extra ? in the code, and I know where it is, and want to remove it. It is just bugging the hell out of me, and it seems pretty unprofessional for it to be there,

Any help as to who is in charge and how we can get this removed. I know this is a stupid issue to have, but ..you know..lol
Not meaning to insult but still doing it suggests that stopping to think it thru before engaging fingers to mister keyboard was in order. Or maybe some late editing to dress up a request that read like arrogant denouncement?

I'm quite sure there was no intentional malice involved but it just didn't come across very well.

No Pete would be a bad thing. A very bad thing.

Outs

Freak
Freak

January 13th, 2012, 4:36 am #5

It is not offensive.

I didn't knock Pete, the site nothing. I offered to show him where the "?" is.

It does look bad. I thought Pete owned the site, and possible had someone else doing the html/ css/ javascript / php for the site. I know what I am talking about.

I don't see how my post is offensive. There is a mistake on the page, and I offered to fix it. I can't without the actual permission and files to do so.

Funny. I get more of a response to offering to help remove a mistake in the coding than I do when I try to talk hockey.

Jester
Jester

January 13th, 2012, 6:43 am #6

Looks like you Phuked up

Russian Flyer
Russian Flyer

January 13th, 2012, 5:27 pm #7

It is not offensive.

It does look bad. I thought Pete owned the site, and possible had someone else doing the html/ css/ javascript / php for the site. I know what I am talking about.

I don't see how my post is offensive. There is a mistake on the page, and I offered to fix it. I can't without the actual permission and files to do so.

Funny. I get more of a response to offering to help remove a mistake in the coding than I do when I try to talk hockey.
to say that it looks bad. What's look bad is your fixation on this issue, really. Try to ignore it and that little SOB (question mark that is) will leave you alone.

Regarding responses: crazy things always attract more attention. Relax.

Freak
Freak

January 13th, 2012, 5:45 pm #8

I was more offering to help, that's all.

Not meant to offend at all.

On a professional site like this, I don't expect to see code errors. It would take like 5 seconds to fix.

I would not say I have phuked up, insulted, nothing.

I have nothing against the "?", just seeing code on a site makes it seem unprofessional.

Pete does a great job on the sites, it is the error I have found on this site, or flyershistory.com

Really, this has been blown out of proportion. I wanted to contact Pete to help. That's all.

I don't appreciate being told off for that.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

January 13th, 2012, 7:23 pm #9

Don't sweat it dude they will find something else to rant about shortly.

fff

Icer
Icer

January 13th, 2012, 8:42 pm #10

It is not offensive.

WE have our teammate's back!

(I get it)

Confirmation of reply: