Whats the story on Betts?

Whats the story on Betts?

Josh
Josh

December 20th, 2011, 6:34 pm #1

I know Montreal returned him as damaged goods after the waiver pick up...but does he have a concussion or wasn't it some knee problem?
I always liked him and thought he was a huge improvement over Shelly...plus he was good in the faceoff circle...

Brett
Brett

December 20th, 2011, 6:49 pm #2

I was wondering that myself the other day. It was a knee issue that caused him to be returned. I don't know if we are just keeping him on LTIR for cap reasons or if he actually isn't physically able to play.

With the young guys like Rinaldo, Harry Z, and Rinaldo I don't see him getting back into the lineup. And Talbot does everything Betts did but also chips in offensively. Barring several injuries, I don't think we will see him in Orange and Black again.

Josh
Josh

December 20th, 2011, 7:20 pm #3

Sounds like the Flyers may be after Gleason from Carolina....I thought if they took a younger guy they'd still have Betts but I didn't know what the case was.
Gleason is a decent 5th dman, but a -7 on the year. I can't imagine it'd cost much to get him...

Sedsey
Sedsey

December 21st, 2011, 8:43 am #4

This was just thrown out there by Ward on TSN. We have no idea if it has any merit. But it is the most realistic name of what I have heard and I would imagine he would become a favorite underdog type of guy if we got him. He certainly stands up for teammates and battles hard. It wouldn't kill us to add a guy like that, but forget about Betts having any value.

Confirmation of reply: