What if Pronger is healthy come the playoffs? How a bout them Apples..lol

Raggs
Raggs

July 22nd, 2012, 7:00 pm #1

Fun to dream about the options on D....

TimZ
TimZ

July 22nd, 2012, 8:18 pm #2

it would be a mistake to even have him attempt a return-especially at his age. Especially in the playoffs when he could end up like Lindros in his last game as a Flyer.

Raggs
Raggs

July 22nd, 2012, 9:17 pm #3

If he is cleared and wants to return with no pressure to do so, why can't we hope for him to come back to the game he loves?

Playing hockey will always come with risk, if it's to great then I wouldn't want to see him ruin the rest of his life but I will always be rooting for him.

TimZ
TimZ

July 22nd, 2012, 9:24 pm #4

but I think his career is over.

Pelle31
Pelle31

July 22nd, 2012, 9:31 pm #5

Fun to dream about the options on D....
still having symptoms and even IF they go away he'd be smart not to try to come back....I'd hope he wouldn't for his own health....he has NOTHING to prove and has young kids and a beautiful wife.....

if he wants a job to stay in the game I am sure the Flyers will take care of him

Pelle31
Pelle31

July 22nd, 2012, 9:31 pm #6

but I think his career is over.
the Flyers are saying as much....he is done

Pitts
Pitts

July 23rd, 2012, 12:58 am #7

If he is cleared and wants to return with no pressure to do so, why can't we hope for him to come back to the game he loves?

Playing hockey will always come with risk, if it's to great then I wouldn't want to see him ruin the rest of his life but I will always be rooting for him.
They are banking on his LTIR money to pay Weber. Scraping the cap all season, then having Pronger come back late in the season will surely mean about $5mil or more would have to be moved to fit him in. It's best (assuming you get Weber) if Pronger simply never returns.

Brett
Brett

July 23rd, 2012, 3:43 am #8

still having symptoms and even IF they go away he'd be smart not to try to come back....I'd hope he wouldn't for his own health....he has NOTHING to prove and has young kids and a beautiful wife.....

if he wants a job to stay in the game I am sure the Flyers will take care of him
He's in the twilight of his career (38 in October), won the Norris, the Hart, the Stanley Cup, World Championships Gold Medal, two Olympic Gold Medals, taken 3 different clubs to the Finals, served as Captain of three NHL teams, been one of the best and toughest guys in the league for years, and is a sure thing Hall of Famer.

With how long this has kept him out and how he was ruled of the rest of the season and the playoffs in December speaks to the severity of his condition. I would hope that no Doctor in North America would give him the green light to get back on the ice.

Confirmation of reply: