What ails Flyers...ATTITUDE!!!!!!!

What ails Flyers...ATTITUDE!!!!!!!

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 29th, 2012, 2:40 pm #1

This team is so vanilla it really does need to learn how to play nasty. How many times have we seen guys get clocked like Briere did last night and no does anything I also remember the Max Talbot hit. No one did sh_-it last night, oh there was some standing around and shoving a little by Coburn and a couple of others but nothing to discourage it from happening again. This team is full of big pussies!! I don't give a phuck who is on the ice there should be a pack mentality out there and there isn't. Teams don't fear playing the Flyers because they know most nights they will get a game that isn't physical and there will be no nastiness. THIS TEAM IS EASY TO PLAY AGAINST and that is what is wrong with them!! Do NOT sign Jagr again use that money and Prongers to sign some nastiness. Bottom line is this team is NOT prepared to pay the price to win and that is exactly why they will not!!!!

fff

WCF
WCF

February 29th, 2012, 2:53 pm #2

Thank you FFF and that is excatly why they can't win against the big boys, the Flyers are too easily pushed around and couple that with all their other warts and you get the picture. They don't defend eachother and it's been going on since the Lindros days.

Brett
Brett

February 29th, 2012, 5:07 pm #3

This team is so vanilla it really does need to learn how to play nasty. How many times have we seen guys get clocked like Briere did last night and no does anything I also remember the Max Talbot hit. No one did sh_-it last night, oh there was some standing around and shoving a little by Coburn and a couple of others but nothing to discourage it from happening again. This team is full of big pussies!! I don't give a phuck who is on the ice there should be a pack mentality out there and there isn't. Teams don't fear playing the Flyers because they know most nights they will get a game that isn't physical and there will be no nastiness. THIS TEAM IS EASY TO PLAY AGAINST and that is what is wrong with them!! Do NOT sign Jagr again use that money and Prongers to sign some nastiness. Bottom line is this team is NOT prepared to pay the price to win and that is exactly why they will not!!!!

fff
When Simmonds crashed the crease after an offensive zone win and the D man put a shot on net. Simmonds starts tussling with the Shark who was trying to clear him from the crease and and 2 more guys jumped in with Simmonds. It took the Flyers a good 5 seconds before they decided to get involved as well. There is no excuse for how long it took the other guys to come to his aid. They are letting themselves get pushed around far too much.

We really could use a forward or two that immediately get in the opponents faces. As much as we rag on Shelley for being overpaid, at least he does that when he is on the ice. I'd like to see them pursue some guys in the offseason that won't stand for that kind of crap. It only takes a couple of guys to bring that attitude because it becomes team-wide once some players instill it.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 29th, 2012, 6:03 pm #4

It was almost like after Wayne took a couple of shots the other Flyers said to themselves, "oh yeah we should protect our team mate! Too many guys on this team don't want to get their hands dirty and some of them need to play that way to be effective. Guys like JVR I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw him skate away from a check. Has anyone seen Schenn lately? He was a beast for awhile and now he is no where to be found. That Boston game he was really effective using his body he was hitting anything that moved, now nothing. If we had vets who were physical maybe the youngsters would follow as you say. Our vets are wimps, Briere, Kimmo, Carle and Coburn who plays 10 physical games a yr. I totally agree with you if I was GM I would be looking to add nastiness during the off season. For me JVR has until the deadline next yr and if he isn't playing with some edge to his game he would be gone. WE lost a lot of nastiness when Pronger went down for the season and it hasn't been replaced. Don't you wish you could coach them for a yr?? I do, I guarantee opposing teams would not enjoy playing my team.

fff

MachoFlyer
MachoFlyer

February 29th, 2012, 8:20 pm #5

fff
This league is built now for skill players and high scoring games and that leads to alot of players who are not very physical.You wonder why so many players get concussions in this league, It's because players skate around and think nobody will hit them. Some teams in this league like Boston and the Rangers have built their teams on toughness. Why do you think Gaustadt went for a number one pick in Nashville. Answer is there isnt hardly any physical players around in this league any more. JVR,Voracek,Briere,Read,Jagr,Carle,Timonen and even Coburn all play a finesse game and it shows any time and team wants to play physical against us.Sestito, Rinaldo, and Walker need to play because this team is soooooo bulit around finesse. Any good team needs balance and you are seeing our weakness with too many soft players.

PA
PA

February 29th, 2012, 8:55 pm #6

fff
They can't win in either building now.

As much as I like Lavy, I am concerned that his message might be stale and without a strong leader (ie Prongs) ...

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 29th, 2012, 11:36 pm #7

This league is built now for skill players and high scoring games and that leads to alot of players who are not very physical.You wonder why so many players get concussions in this league, It's because players skate around and think nobody will hit them. Some teams in this league like Boston and the Rangers have built their teams on toughness. Why do you think Gaustadt went for a number one pick in Nashville. Answer is there isnt hardly any physical players around in this league any more. JVR,Voracek,Briere,Read,Jagr,Carle,Timonen and even Coburn all play a finesse game and it shows any time and team wants to play physical against us.Sestito, Rinaldo, and Walker need to play because this team is soooooo bulit around finesse. Any good team needs balance and you are seeing our weakness with too many soft players.
fff

Confirmation of reply: