Voracek Re-signs 4 yr -17 mil Deal

Voracek Re-signs 4 yr -17 mil Deal

Tim55
Tim55

July 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm #1

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401489

Glad he signed,Hearing rumors somebody would offer him an offersheet, I like Voracek,Think
hes very good player thats young and is gonna keep getting better. Now that Homer got this
out of the way now think he makes another move. Think Bobby Ryan will be here next

Outland
Outland

July 26th, 2012, 3:19 pm #2

JVR revisited? Jake has shown the same kind of inconsistencies James did & has now been rewarded in the same way. Is the going rate for 16-20 goals really 4.25 mil a year? Whatever happened to being paid for actual performance & not on potential that some stargazer guesses on?

Players in all the sports deserve to be paid well but not like they're getting these days. Some players are worth more as they can put fannies in the seats but those guys are few and far between.

Anyway, Congrats to Voracek for getting what he did. It's not his fault for saying yes. The huge dollars thrown around today only helps to drive up the price of witnessing mediocrity to even more absurd levels & it's very apparent that the owners and players learned nothing from the last stoppage. The fans really haven't learned either.

Outs

Brett
Brett

July 26th, 2012, 4:10 pm #3

It's a bit on the pricey side for a 50 point player but he does have that other factor that guys tend to get some extra zeroes for...potential. Although he has produced a bit more at the NHL level than JVR has, and he is still young, just turning 23 next month. If he improves a little bit, it'll be a very reasonable contract. If he gets put into Jagr's role on the top line, he could wind up easily outperforming this contract.

Tim55
Tim55

July 26th, 2012, 5:49 pm #4

JVR revisited? Jake has shown the same kind of inconsistencies James did & has now been rewarded in the same way. Is the going rate for 16-20 goals really 4.25 mil a year? Whatever happened to being paid for actual performance & not on potential that some stargazer guesses on?

Players in all the sports deserve to be paid well but not like they're getting these days. Some players are worth more as they can put fannies in the seats but those guys are few and far between.

Anyway, Congrats to Voracek for getting what he did. It's not his fault for saying yes. The huge dollars thrown around today only helps to drive up the price of witnessing mediocrity to even more absurd levels & it's very apparent that the owners and players learned nothing from the last stoppage. The fans really haven't learned either.

Outs
I agree little higher than should have got but He will produce more getting moved up on a top line,As
far as consistency he will get better, hes still a young player that played his first 2 seasons in
Columbus

Sedsey
Sedsey

July 26th, 2012, 6:02 pm #5

Outs
To really fix it the fans all over the league would have to stay away. 2000 avg everywhere or less to drive salaries and ticket prices down to sane levels. But, I am as much of a sucker as the rest because I will watch and attend as always even though the state of things often disgusts me.

No doubt this is too much money for Voracek. I question this idea he is the Giroux winger we need. The whole thing with him was that he faltered as a young guy expected to carry scoring in Columbus but in coming here he could fit in and produce as a role player, which he did. Now suddenly they want him to face top checking and while he is young and maybe has a complimentary skill set I really have my doubts that he can stick there.

TimZ
TimZ

July 26th, 2012, 8:47 pm #6

Outs
and the NHL has its first ever Ginger Line.

Confirmation of reply: