Voracek looks to be out now....

Voracek looks to be out now....

PA
PA

March 7th, 2012, 1:34 am #1

Shoulder to head contact, helmet knocked loose and the back of his head hits the ice with the weight of his body behind it. Just looked awful. Clement is incensed and he has every right to be.

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

March 7th, 2012, 1:43 am #2

In every sense of the word. There's no way Voracek doesn't have a concussion. Insane that the refs didn't call the play dead, and I would hope that Bettman takes a long look at that hit. Charging or not, I don't see how you can call it anything but headhunting.

Freak
Freak

March 7th, 2012, 2:57 am #3

He is a Red Wing, he'll get no games and it'll be deemed Voracek put himself into a vulnerable position by skating up the ice.

Outland
Outland

March 7th, 2012, 3:10 am #4

You want a suspension???? Did you actually see the play? Voracek didn't get blind sided, shouldered or head headhunted. Kronwall had his back turned towards him when he struck and Voracek saw it coming all the way. Huge hit and it was legit. Perfectly executed destruction and a good no call.

Outs

BwB
BwB

March 7th, 2012, 3:17 am #5

I don't see any reason for even raising an eyebrow, let alone an uproar.

Jake got lit the **** up. It happens. MYNHL is turning even the toughest of fans into pansies.

Outland
Outland

March 7th, 2012, 3:21 am #6

Shoulder to head contact, helmet knocked loose and the back of his head hits the ice with the weight of his body behind it. Just looked awful. Clement is incensed and he has every right to be.
Kronwall had his back & numbers facing Voracek when the building fell on him. I saw the hit repeatedly on NBCSports and I saw no head hunting or shoulder hit. I saw no penalty. I saw a great hit that the 'victim' saw coming all the way. It was brutal but within the bounds.

Clement was incensed and you say he had a right to be? Wow. Double wow.

Outs

Outland
Outland

March 7th, 2012, 3:40 am #7

In every sense of the word. There's no way Voracek doesn't have a concussion. Insane that the refs didn't call the play dead, and I would hope that Bettman takes a long look at that hit. Charging or not, I don't see how you can call it anything but headhunting.
Save me Jeebus ???

Heh heh heh. Always a fav.

Outs

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 7th, 2012, 3:53 am #8

You want a suspension???? Did you actually see the play? Voracek didn't get blind sided, shouldered or head headhunted. Kronwall had his back turned towards him when he struck and Voracek saw it coming all the way. Huge hit and it was legit. Perfectly executed destruction and a good no call.

Outs
And once again they didn't.

fff

Outland
Outland

March 7th, 2012, 4:00 am #9

I was sorta hoping that Clement etal were incensed because nobody went after Kronwall even if the hit wasn't a penalty. We saw Hartnell go after a Brower the other night after he smoked Gustafsson so why not tonight? Does it always have to be a tougher guy? Where is the pack mentality?

It appears that they pick their spots. I know some will say they had to keep their heads and win the game but I've always felt that there are times when it's the game be damned and you have to stick up for the logo and the teammate at all costs.

Outs

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 7th, 2012, 4:05 am #10

Kronwall had his back & numbers facing Voracek when the building fell on him. I saw the hit repeatedly on NBCSports and I saw no head hunting or shoulder hit. I saw no penalty. I saw a great hit that the 'victim' saw coming all the way. It was brutal but within the bounds.

Clement was incensed and you say he had a right to be? Wow. Double wow.

Outs
I just slowed it down frame by frame and it was a shoulder to head hit all the way. Principal point of contact was the head and Voracek NEVER saw it coming. WOW how could you not see that dude?

fff

Confirmation of reply: