TSN reporting Nash to the Rangers

TSN reporting Nash to the Rangers

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

July 23rd, 2012, 6:34 pm #1

Philly200
Philly200

July 23rd, 2012, 7:14 pm #2

They needed offense, obviously already had a great defense. Nash is a true power forward. Not sure he is all he is hyped up to be. I think we would see more success out of columbus if he was truly in the elite tier. That being said, he should see some more success with a team to back him up. I think he is comparable to Jeff Carter.

I'm glad they didn't get Ryan.

Brett
Brett

July 23rd, 2012, 7:18 pm #3

They can enjoy their $7.8 million dollar 30 goal scorer.

I was concerned would end up dealing for him, good player but way overpaid...definite Ranger!

Tim55
Tim55

July 23rd, 2012, 8:05 pm #4

Now Poile might be able to force Homer's hand now,With the Rangers now
getting Nash, Flyers must come away with Weber. Poile will say hes gonna
match if he dont get some of the players he wants and Homer may panic and
give in with Rangers getting Nash.

Brett
Brett

July 23rd, 2012, 10:50 pm #5

They can enjoy their $7.8 million dollar 30 goal scorer.

I was concerned would end up dealing for him, good player but way overpaid...definite Ranger!
That should make one less suitor for Doan, should the Flyers be legitimately interested in him and not just rumored.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

July 23rd, 2012, 11:10 pm #6

The PH I watched play this game and as GM has ice in his veins. What you say is simply not going to happen. What may happen though is that Poile sees that the Rangers gave up nothing to get Nash and may realize his best bet is to take the picks and run.

fff

Brett
Brett

July 23rd, 2012, 11:21 pm #7

Homer has got the cards in this transaction and it is down to him against Poile. If this doesn't go through, maybe the Flyers do move on to pursuing Yandle. Or someone else who knows. We have to play the Rangers either way and we might have to play them in the playoffs, or not. While it wasn't a tremendous package for Columbus, the Rangers did surrender one a couple of their roster players and Dubinsky was definitely one of their heart and soul types along with Callahan.

But whatever, it's a staring contest now and if the Predators haven't matched yet, I have strong doubts that they will.

dl
dl

July 24th, 2012, 2:07 am #8

The PH I watched play this game and as GM has ice in his veins. What you say is simply not going to happen. What may happen though is that Poile sees that the Rangers gave up nothing to get Nash and may realize his best bet is to take the picks and run.

fff
Poile might be saying that is all they got for Nash after what they WERE asking? I should be happy with what PH is offering for Weber.

dl
dl

July 24th, 2012, 2:16 am #9

their asking price didn't they? That amounts on Par to a talbot, voarahek and Gustafson for Nash? If so, I would give up those 3 for Nash. Wonder if Anaheim is dropping their asking price too?

Tim55
Tim55

July 24th, 2012, 3:27 am #10

nm

Confirmation of reply: