Tim Thomas is an a$$

Tim Thomas is an a$$

Freak
Freak

January 23rd, 2012, 11:21 pm #1

Put the political beliefs behind you and honor your team.

He decided to not meet the president because he has different political beliefs. He put his own selfish reasons first, and a day that his teammates should never forget, is going to be remembered for him not wanting to meet Obama......

A very classless move for a guy who should be counting his blessings due to his age...

I repeat...what an a$$!!!!!

Sal Fish
Sal Fish

January 24th, 2012, 1:11 am #2

No doubt. It's called a team for a reason.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 24th, 2012, 2:41 pm #3

He decided to not meet the president because he has different political beliefs. He put his own selfish reasons first, and a day that his teammates should never forget, is going to be remembered for him not wanting to meet Obama......

A very classless move for a guy who should be counting his blessings due to his age...

Good for him. He stood up for what he believed, some things are more important than the game.

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 24th, 2012, 2:58 pm #4

I wouldn't have went either....lol

As far as the teams goes without him they wouldn't have been there

Outland
Outland

January 24th, 2012, 3:06 pm #5

Every US citizen has the right to follow his own beliefs. It's that way in your Canada as well. If Tim Thomas doesn't care to meet someone he doesn't care for, why should he do it? The actions of Thomas did not affect you personally or have any repercussions for you as a Canadian citizen so why so much outrage & animosity? Why must he act as you think he should?

He took a stand for what he believes in and I won't belittle any man for doing that. It's refreshing actually. I'd be calling him an azz and a phony if he went there, did all the phony smiling and handshaking and had the photos taken and then said he didn't like doing it. Suppose he doesn't want any pics of him shaking hands with a man he opposes politically and have them possibly spring up in election campaigning?

You say that his teammates will just remember the day for Thomas not being there? Highly doubtful that.

Outs

Loki
Loki

January 24th, 2012, 3:49 pm #6

And it shows a lack of respect for the office of the President.

I'm sure it got two thumbs up from Fox News, though.

Icer
Icer

January 24th, 2012, 5:35 pm #7

Every US citizen has the right to follow his own beliefs. It's that way in your Canada as well. If Tim Thomas doesn't care to meet someone he doesn't care for, why should he do it? The actions of Thomas did not affect you personally or have any repercussions for you as a Canadian citizen so why so much outrage & animosity? Why must he act as you think he should?

He took a stand for what he believes in and I won't belittle any man for doing that. It's refreshing actually. I'd be calling him an azz and a phony if he went there, did all the phony smiling and handshaking and had the photos taken and then said he didn't like doing it. Suppose he doesn't want any pics of him shaking hands with a man he opposes politically and have them possibly spring up in election campaigning?

You say that his teammates will just remember the day for Thomas not being there? Highly doubtful that.

Outs
first amendment and all that.

But it's also anyone else's right to call him an a$$ for it.

It's a time honored tradition that is in no way intended to be a political event. It's about the leader of the country celebrating achievement on it's citizen's behalf. IMHO, regardless of your agreement with Obama's policies, it's disrespectful to your President, and by proxy, your country, to snub him at an event with no political implications whatsoever. Well, none, until Thomas injected them.

I didn't vote for Obama. I think he's damaged the country. But he's my president. Why makes me believe Thomas is an A$$. Get over yourself, Tim, keep your politics on Twitter. Politics are important, but shouldn't overshadow everything else.

WCF
WCF

January 24th, 2012, 6:03 pm #8

I agree with your points, the event was in no way a political one and it was tacky for him not to attend with his other teammates. It disrespects the office, not the man in that office. I now think Thomas is a narrow-minded jerk who watches Fox News and believes the nonsense and hate they spew is sacrosanct.

Freak
Freak

January 24th, 2012, 7:05 pm #9

And it shows a lack of respect for the office of the President.

I'm sure it got two thumbs up from Fox News, though.
nm

Freak
Freak

January 24th, 2012, 7:13 pm #10

Outs
but...
this was about the whole team being honored for their TEAM achievement by the leader of the USA. Not about Thomas's personal political beliefs.

He let down his team by his absence.

He should have said something a month ago, not just twittering that he isn't going.

He had no political problems representing the same USA, the same president at the Olympics last year.

He broke a time honored tradition that is spread across the three major sports.....let his teammates down in meantime. Their special day to be honored by the country was overshadowed by Thomas's absense.

He should have gone, and he didn't.....in my books his actions where those of a me first, a$$.

Confirmation of reply: