The Flyers need to wait until 2013 offseason...

The Flyers need to wait until 2013 offseason...

The Animal
The Animal

July 3rd, 2012, 2:37 am #1

This year is very thin for free agents. Look at the names that could hit the Free agent market next year...

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php? ... _type_id=2

TimZ
TimZ

July 3rd, 2012, 2:55 am #2

Trade for Ryan and wait till next year.

TimZ
TimZ

July 3rd, 2012, 2:56 am #3

Meant to say "aren't "worth

dl
dl

July 3rd, 2012, 3:12 am #4

Parise is, Suter is not !

The Animal
The Animal

July 3rd, 2012, 4:12 am #5

For Perry or Getzlaf

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

July 3rd, 2012, 2:00 pm #6

This year is very thin for free agents. Look at the names that could hit the Free agent market next year...

I really don't understand why these two players are having such a hard time making a decision. Set for life after this, 80-100 mil each what the phuck is there to think about? If you don't want to play in Philly or your girlfriend doesn't you to, go to Pittsburgh or Minn. This really isn't rocket science though.

fff

Outland
Outland

July 3rd, 2012, 2:02 pm #7

Lots of very good names on the 2013 list but to wait is to gamble. There's no guarantee that even 1/2 of those players will be available when the next free agency period rolls around. I feel that the Flyers have to do what they think is good for them in the here and now and they can't afford to hope things will fall a certain way down the road. Apparently they are liking what is available this year.

Who knows what the next CBA will bring? A new limit on player salaries & years? A new cap ceiling that could be lower or higher? New rules for 35+? LTIR?

Outs

Freak
Freak

July 3rd, 2012, 2:32 pm #8

Look at how many players where taken off the market in recent weeks, resigning with their teams. To think that Nashville is going to let Weber walk is just dumb thinking.

Same for Perry and Getzlaf. It is not going to happen.

Get what you can, and fill holes in other ways. Would like the Flyers to go hard for Ryan is (and when Parise) signs elsewhere.

Again, I don't expect the Flyers to get either one of Parise or Suter. I don't want Carle back either.

Icer
Icer

July 3rd, 2012, 3:28 pm #9

For Perry or Getzlaf
to see how this very young team develops. Will Jake step up? Was Read an illusion? Will Gus and Bourdon develop, or fade? Can Wellwood figure out what to do with his speed? Is Breire done? Hartnell?

While they should be very good this year, they could be a real powerhouse in 2013 and beyond, with the right pieces. So one more year of pulling it all together could pay off handsomely. I'm happy to sit this year's FA out and save room for next year's glut.

dl
dl

July 3rd, 2012, 6:04 pm #10

For Perry or Getzlaf
what do they do with the millions they have left over?????? Give it back to the fans....NOT!
Don't agree, they are a Parise or such away from being rock solid.

Confirmation of reply: