Terry Murray Officially named head coach of the Phantoms

Tim55
Tim55

June 29th, 2012, 6:06 pm #1

Would have been a nice assistant coach of the Flyers

WCF
WCF

June 29th, 2012, 8:15 pm #2

You are 100% correct, this team needs Murray's systemic and analytical approach and that is a complete waste of his talents. They rather have Beavis Berube as their assistant.

Freak
Freak

June 29th, 2012, 10:17 pm #3

or so he says, so take it as hearing from someone who said.

Apparently, Berube is very good with young guys behind the scenes, and helps to mentor them and keep them focused. I am not a fan of his, and had to laugh when he was telling Jagr how to play offence earlier this year, but if he is helping the younger guys he should be kept around as that is one area we seem to be doing it right. I don't think Lavy has the patience for the younger guys, so he probably pawns them off on Berube.

However..what is he assistant coach of? Special teams? Defence? I am sure they could have had Murray come to the Flyers and give the organization some kind of direction. Help put A system in place. Any system in place.

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

June 29th, 2012, 10:39 pm #4

I like Terry Murray as much as the next guy, but why am I seeing posts that appear to be making him out as some sort of savior?

Rob

Brett
Brett

June 30th, 2012, 1:03 am #5

Some guys are great coordinators but just not cut out to be head coaches. Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel... I'm not terribly familiar with how good Murray is, but if he excels at running special teams that would be a great asset to have on the bench.

Loki
Loki

June 30th, 2012, 7:23 pm #6

You are 100% correct, this team needs Murray's systemic and analytical approach and that is a complete waste of his talents. They rather have Beavis Berube as their assistant.
Video conferencing. Phones. The internets. There is nothing to say that he can't give PL some schemes to use on the power play and other ways the team plays out there. He can watch film of the big club and offer suggestions. And those suggestions won't take a week to arrive in Philly via pony express. It will be good for Terry to be able to help develop the younger players on the Phantoms.

Confirmation of reply: