So, what's your trade proposal?

So, what's your trade proposal?

Icer
Icer

July 20th, 2012, 3:03 pm #1

Assuming Nashville just can't match, and you are the GM....

Keeping in mind, Poile must deal with you, and you alone. 4 picks for Weber is a good trade for you, so you can reject any deal knowing you have that in your back pocket. So you pretty much have the last word.

But you've also pretty much just killed the Hashville frnachise. Being the league bad guys already, remember the Gratton fiasco, a little goodwill goes a long way. Nashville really needs to get a marketable player to save any face, the fans will not accept future draft picks. And Nashville needs to pick up some salary.

With Weber, the Flyers now are well stocked at every postion but goaltender. (no, Bryz for Rinne is off the table). Preds need everything.

Here's my thought:
Briere, Bourdon, a 2nd round pick. Or Coburn and Wellwood, plus 2 picks.

It depends on contracts, no trades, etc (where's Outy?). But rather than considering this a deal for Weber, it's really a deal for 4 late first round picks, with you holding all the cards.

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

July 20th, 2012, 3:13 pm #2

I keep reading that Coburn could be the defenseman going to Nashville, and I don't like that one bit.

I could see a package of Voracek and a defenseman currently on the roster (preferrably Meszaros), with 2 of the first round picks going to Nashville. I think the defenseman has to be someone making some salary as Nashville is so far from the cap floor. Unfortunately, the loss of Voracek leaves us thin on the first line (if that is where he was to play this upcoming season).

Rob

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 20th, 2012, 3:46 pm #3

Keeping in mind, Poile must deal with you, and you alone. 4 picks for Weber is a good trade for you, so you can reject any deal knowing you have that in your back pocket. So you pretty much have the last word.

But you've also pretty much just killed the Hashville frnachise. Being the league bad guys already, remember the Gratton fiasco, a little goodwill goes a long way. Nashville really needs to get a marketable player to save any face, the fans will not accept future draft picks. And Nashville needs to pick up some salary.

With Weber, the Flyers now are well stocked at every postion but goaltender. (no, Bryz for Rinne is off the table). Preds need everything.

Here's my thought:

It depends on contracts, no trades, etc (where's Outy?). But rather than considering this a deal for Weber, it's really a deal for 4 late first round picks, with you holding all the cards.
Great move by Homer, ballsy and aggressive! As I understand it they were attempting to trade for Weber. Preds wanted too much so we took a different route to getting what we want. A couple of reports claim the Preds were warned......

The Gratton fiasco was exactly that, a fiasco. I know he didn't work out well here however if we would have kept Renberg, etc we would have been in much better shape. Our "goodwill" and "feeling bad" hurt the team they were trying to build!

I'm sure Homer has a list of who's available and who was offered. If we can get him without giving up the youth we assembled get him! The point is to ADD to the existing base. If you take a piece or 2 out of the puzzle to add a piece, you still don't have a puzzle!!

Do we hear that Minneapolis is feeling sorry for Nashville? The Devils? The hell with goodwill! The Flyers played the game, by the rules!

I want a CUP!!!! I want it NOW!!!! To steal a line from the Eagles QB.... DYNASTY in the making! (What a joke he is btw!!)

Icer
Icer

July 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm #4

I keep reading that Coburn could be the defenseman going to Nashville, and I don't like that one bit.

I could see a package of Voracek and a defenseman currently on the roster (preferrably Meszaros), with 2 of the first round picks going to Nashville. I think the defenseman has to be someone making some salary as Nashville is so far from the cap floor. Unfortunately, the loss of Voracek leaves us thin on the first line (if that is where he was to play this upcoming season).

Rob
I'm sure todays list has been quite thinned from the list they were using when trying to make a trade. The Ball's in a different court now.

I don't think you'll see Homer willing to part with Jake, at least I hope not. He's just a really good fit on this team, and they can sign him now in a very cap friendly way for the future. Coburn and Meszaros are pretty close dollar wise, but Weber make Coburn expendable and Meszaros more complementary.

You proposal would make Nashville happier than it would make me... but it's fair.

OutL
OutL

July 20th, 2012, 4:08 pm #5

Great move by Homer, ballsy and aggressive! As I understand it they were attempting to trade for Weber. Preds wanted too much so we took a different route to getting what we want. A couple of reports claim the Preds were warned......

The Gratton fiasco was exactly that, a fiasco. I know he didn't work out well here however if we would have kept Renberg, etc we would have been in much better shape. Our "goodwill" and "feeling bad" hurt the team they were trying to build!

I'm sure Homer has a list of who's available and who was offered. If we can get him without giving up the youth we assembled get him! The point is to ADD to the existing base. If you take a piece or 2 out of the puzzle to add a piece, you still don't have a puzzle!!

Do we hear that Minneapolis is feeling sorry for Nashville? The Devils? The hell with goodwill! The Flyers played the game, by the rules!

I want a CUP!!!! I want it NOW!!!! To steal a line from the Eagles QB.... DYNASTY in the making! (What a joke he is btw!!)
I don't think it's about feeling sorry or anything similar to that. The Flyers can not keep everybody and they'll need to shed cap hit to make this work. Nashville needs to get better. Why not talk and try to work a deal that could benefit both teams?

I said that Poile waited way too long with Hamhuis and Suter and that he'd blow the Weber thing in one way or another. It's easy to be a prophet when it comes to some of the GM's.

Outs

Icer
Icer

July 20th, 2012, 4:18 pm #6

goodwill, as in placating the rest of the GMs he may have to deal with in the future. No tears for Nashville, the other GMs already know that Poile was being hardheaded, Homer could come out of this looking like a good guy to deal with at little added expense.

As for the cap, Flyer are 7.8 under right now, this contract has a hit of 7.86. They are allowed to go 10% over until PRonger's 4.9 comes off the books. Voracek won't get that much. So they don't need to clear much space.

A trade will accomplish both, but they don't really NEED to accomplish either with this deal.

Good note about Poile's MO. Does this cost him his job?

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

July 20th, 2012, 4:51 pm #7

I'm sure todays list has been quite thinned from the list they were using when trying to make a trade. The Ball's in a different court now.

I don't think you'll see Homer willing to part with Jake, at least I hope not. He's just a really good fit on this team, and they can sign him now in a very cap friendly way for the future. Coburn and Meszaros are pretty close dollar wise, but Weber make Coburn expendable and Meszaros more complementary.

You proposal would make Nashville happier than it would make me... but it's fair.
I wouldn't be pleased with losing Voracek. The big question is, how much are first round picks worth to the Flyers? Are they willing to lose them for the next 4 years?

Rob

Pitts
Pitts

July 20th, 2012, 6:25 pm #8

Here's my thought:

I read that there was already trade talks between Nashville and Philly and they were centered around Couturier. Maybe that is the base?

I suspect Nashville might also like a defensman now that they just lost their 2 cornerstones.

Icer
Icer

July 20th, 2012, 7:07 pm #9

that caused Paul to give up on trade talks and go the offer sheet route.

I highly doubt that Couturiere would be involved now.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 20th, 2012, 7:32 pm #10

I wouldn't be pleased with losing Voracek. The big question is, how much are first round picks worth to the Flyers? Are they willing to lose them for the next 4 years?

Rob
I'd rather lose picks that a complete unknown rather than a roster player, especially from the offense because we are thin in this area, talentwise.

Confirmation of reply: