Freak
Freak

February 27th, 2012, 9:30 pm #1

good news.

Hated hearing JVR for Schenn...

Sedsey
Sedsey

February 28th, 2012, 7:28 am #2

Not to say the Nashville moves were bad for their on ice hockey product this year, but if a checking center is worth a first rounder then I am glad we didn't pay it. I can only imagine what the price was for Ott. The price for Nash was so high even the pressure of the deadline didn't make the Rangers bite, if the scribes on TSN can be believed.

Lebrun said San Jose pitched hard for VanRem but didn't get it. I'm glad. I see no reason to trade that guy unless it was for an equally signed defenseman with his best years ahead and upside at his position to match.

Now, JVR should pay attention and realize the team just shipped out the Party Boys ("reunited and it feels so good", Richards? Perhaps you guys should just come out already!) and so they'd ship him out too. We need the playoff beast of last year, we need it right away, and we need it to be sustained for the rest of the year.

On the Jets front (DON'T READ THE REST WINDY!!!! heh heh), I was hoping they'd get a second for the overrated UFA to be Oduya, and they end up with a second and a third which is phenomenal to me. They pick up Clitsome on waivers and at worst that's a lateral move. Tough loss to the Oilers tonight. I have them needing 24 more points to make it in, and the Florida game Thursday is massive. Two of Florida, Winnipeg, Washington, and Toronto are the likely playoff teams.

I wonder if Ottawa will dip with their netminding injury?

For all our slackass and frustrating play since the Break, with the game in hand they can still be tied with Tankers for 4th place. New Jersey lost again tonight.

I should get home in time for tomorrow night. This was a deadline I was fine with hearing no deals.

San Jose has been on an intense road trip and we get them on their first game back. IF IF IF the Flyers come ready to play in the first they can get out in front. IF we get a routine save from a flip shot from their end, that is, and that is never certain.

Paul Gaustad for a first rounder...yikes...

Not much of a Canucks fan at all, but I think they addressed their needs pretty well today. The Hodgson thing might displease their fans today, but Kassian gives them what they need.

Having said that, Hodgson fills a role in Buffalo he wouldn't get a chance for in Vancouver and might be ready to be a secondary scoring pivot right away. Not that Roy scores much as the supposed primary, but that's another tale...

Freak
Freak

February 28th, 2012, 1:34 pm #3

Getting Pahlson for a couple 4th rounders was a good pickup. Hodgson, at one point, was considered to be in the same boat as Schenn. Lots of potential, but not able to crack the lineup. He also had a bad back, that was misdiagnosed, and that carried on for over a year. Vancouver dealt from a position of strength, and addresses their needs, but I still think Hodgson will be a very good player.

He has been coming into his own this year, and calder has been whispered around Vancouver. Good luck to him, as he goes from the #1 team in the league, to the Sabres.

Vancouver is going for it all, and I would like nothing more than the Hawks to knock them out first round.

WCF
WCF

February 28th, 2012, 7:51 pm #4

Not the Hawks beating Vancouver again! Heck, the Hawks are having trouble beating anybody of late and it SOOOOO pleases me to see them wallow in their own stank! I know you are in Vancouver, so it's the same for me being here that makes me love to the Bitchhawks (one of Seds better nicknames) struggle. Once in a while, I see the Cup bumper stickers here and it still makes my blood boil, grrrrr

Freak
Freak

February 29th, 2012, 12:43 am #5

It sends Vancouver fans over the edge when they lose to the Blackhawks. Luongo looks like he has seen a ghost, and hearing the locals blubber on and on about how the Blackhawks play, and "in reality, Vancouver is the better team". Having it be Chicago is the icing on the cake.

It's like a rookie netminder winning his first start...with a shut out to boot.

I like Chicago though. For almost as long as I have like the Flyers. There is more than one guy on that team I would take in a heartbeat if I had my choice of players in the league.

Then again...watching them lose in game 7 of the Stanley cup on home ice, in a shut out to boot was mighty sweet.

Hmm, on second thought, I don't want to hear about the Canucks non stop from April until July. Chicago, first round it is...lol

Sorry Windy, the disappointment of millions is worth it being the Blackhawks.

Sedsey
Sedsey

February 29th, 2012, 3:33 am #6

I look at the list of Campbell teams and I like none of them. Nashville is least offensive I guess, in more ways than one.

I am preparing, once they stop their pissing wars, to have the Jets move to the other side so it will fit nicely with my fandom to hate everybody except Philly and Winnipeg.

Confirmation of reply: