So anyone who thinks we are a true contender

So anyone who thinks we are a true contender

The Freak
The Freak

December 17th, 2011, 7:44 pm #1

need not look any further than today. Breezy sucks. That's at least 3 he should have had for his billing. Why, does Boston getting humilated by us coming back from down 3-0 to win the series, make them play us harder than any team in the league. Yet, we were humiliated by them last year, and roll over again today. First game I have watched in almost 6 weeks, and this is the crap I see. I stopped watching for a bit after my cutdown on Breezy, as I was too frustrated to watch. We are ****** with the Pronger issue. Anyone here who would not try to get Suter or Weber in favour of what we have here is not looking at the big picture. We actually might have the cap space to get one of these guys, and have a real stud dman, someone to police for us. I am so tired of all the retreads and old signing. Make a big move. A franchise altering move. Get that rock on defence that is young, and can give you 10 years. Weber or Suter is the type of player you trade 2 1st's and 2 former 1st round picks for. They are the type of dman that warrants the big check, and actually earns it, game in, game out. I have been a staunch supporter of patience in this organization, and letting the kids grow, but these two dmen in Nashville are worth giving up some young guys for.

NOT THE PACKAGE REPORTED HERE!!!!!!

But, if you could trade a Carle, JVR and a 1st for Weber...I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. I would prefer Hartnell over JVR, just because of age/ potential. Use the savings in salary to get the rugged third liner, and promote on of 14. 93/ 17 to the 2nd line.

If I where Homer, you would have to look at every option.

The only untouchable is 28.

Freak
Freak

December 17th, 2011, 7:45 pm #2

The team looks like they have calmed down since the goalie change.
Just saying.

TimZ
TimZ

December 17th, 2011, 7:59 pm #3

even if we had Weber-all those goals would have killed their momentum. Bob has been great. Would like to see the flyers giving the dirty play right back to Boston though.

Icer
Icer

December 19th, 2011, 5:03 pm #4

The team looks like they have calmed down since the goalie change.
Just saying.
this was ONE GAME. One that was just ripe for a let down. Let's not gut the future of the team because they had an off day. Might as well give the cup to Boston now, since they have finally caught up to the Flyers in the overall standings.

Freak
Freak

December 20th, 2011, 12:48 am #5

Both guys are in their mid 20's, and you could see either one of them playing 10 years easily.

I just think true #1 dmen only become once every decade or so, and that is right now. We have the chance to pick up a guy who would be here a long time, and with Pronger going on LTIR, we can hopefully use his money towards it.

I don't want to gut the team, not at all. I feel we could send Carle the other way, Paul will throw in a #1, maybe 2 #1's. Hartnell would not be the piece, as he played there before, and was traded in part due his upcoming salary demands.

I don't want to trade JVR, but , and it would only apply to a select few, there are some I would be willing to trade for.

Most here have been calling for Carle to be gone for a while now. First round draft picks? what is that? Homer doesn't use them for much more than trading. So, a young forward...we have plenty, and I think we could get it done without moving JVR .

I don't think that is blowing up the team for a 25 year old defenceman who was the Norris runner up last year. The rewards would be huge.
We have the cap space. We have the players. We have the picks......that is rare for us it seems when players like this could be traded for. It would be a franchise changing move, and it would make us better.

Confirmation of reply: