Schenn tried X2

Schenn tried X2

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 8th, 2012, 2:04 am #1

They did a video retrospective on That's Hocket tonight and the evidence shows that when Kronwall bashed Briere in Detroit and Voracek in Philly both times young Schenn was immediately in his face challenging him, but Kronwall will never fight.

So, when beaking off that the Flyers don't do anything, in these cases you are hoping for a guy to drop the gloves and hit his helmet and shoulder pads as Kronwall turtles.

Loki
Loki

March 8th, 2012, 3:07 am #2

Is this where I call you princess?

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 8th, 2012, 4:03 am #3

Jupiter man ,Jupiter.

fff

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 8th, 2012, 4:13 am #4

They did a video retrospective on That's Hocket tonight and the evidence shows that when Kronwall bashed Briere in Detroit and Voracek in Philly both times young Schenn was immediately in his face challenging him, but Kronwall will never fight.

So, when beaking off that the Flyers don't do anything, in these cases you are hoping for a guy to drop the gloves and hit his helmet and shoulder pads as Kronwall turtles.
NEVER this yr have I seen anyone on the Flyers extract retribution for this kind of hit. They can stand there and ask him to dance or they can grab him and beat the sh_-it out of him or they can go get...Zetterburg lets say. There are lots of ways to extract revenge. The Flyers lack the balls to do it! Who came to Talbots defense when he got clocked by the Islander in that game or in the rematch a couple of days later? NO ONE. Who came to Girouxs defense when he got clocked? NO ONE. The list goes on and on. The Flyers simply do NOT stand up for their team-mates.

fff

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 8th, 2012, 6:56 am #5

He won't fight. What do you think Schenn is doing right in front of his face and not skating? He is challenging Kronwall to fight. Kronwall won't do it. So you grab him, he turtles, you get your punches in on his shoulder pads and helmet as he falls to his knees. They break it up, we get the penalty, and you've really done nothing to Kronwall. Jagr hurt himself trying to hit him later on.

Get Zetterberg? Didn't Grossman do that? Zetterberg got up slowly after the hit. I didn't see a Red Wing flying after Grossman.

Never do it? Don't you remember just within the week Hartnell fighting after Gustafsson skated himself into being hammered?

So, does Schenn lack balls because Kronwall refused his challenge in two different games? Does Simmonds lack balls? Rinaldo?

Speaking of Talbot, I haven't seen him go to the aid of anybody himself.

So, while there definitely is something to saying the team should be more noticably trying to right the wrongs, there are times you are skipping over in your extreme case presentation.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 8th, 2012, 1:27 pm #6

I will acknowledge the points you've made and admit there may be times when guys try to do the right thing. I also agree that "there definitely is something to saying the team should be more noticably trying to right the wrong". "Does Simmonds lack balls? Rinaldo?" I don't think those players lack balls but I believe they are being coached that way, so it is the head coach who is lacking in the balls area in my opinion. I would just really really like to see the team play tougher with more fire in their bellies.

fff

BUTCH
BUTCH

March 8th, 2012, 1:40 pm #7

NEVER this yr have I seen anyone on the Flyers extract retribution for this kind of hit. They can stand there and ask him to dance or they can grab him and beat the sh_-it out of him or they can go get...Zetterburg lets say. There are lots of ways to extract revenge. The Flyers lack the balls to do it! Who came to Talbots defense when he got clocked by the Islander in that game or in the rematch a couple of days later? NO ONE. Who came to Girouxs defense when he got clocked? NO ONE. The list goes on and on. The Flyers simply do NOT stand up for their team-mates.

fff
DONT POST MUCH BUT READ DAILY. TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR POSTS OVER THE LAST TWO DAYS ABOUT THAT HIT. ONE, HEAD WAS TARGETED, TWO, DOESNT MATTER... WHEN YOUR TEAMMATE GETS LIT UP, YOU STAND UP FOR HIM. I CANT BELIEVE EVERYONE SKATED AROUND AND CONTINUED PLAYING. DOESNT MATTER IF HE TURTLES, KICK HIS ***. I AM STILL PISSED 2 DAYS LATER. LET ME ON THE ICE FOR 30 SECONDS... PLEASE.

Outland
Outland

March 8th, 2012, 1:54 pm #8

I mean, we're talkin' about Yoda. Or is that beakin' about him?

Was trying to get at Kronwall good enough? There are no Marques of Queensbury rules to abide by or a time where you ask to fight, he declines and you move on. So what if Kronwall DOES do a Lemieux and his shoulders and helmet get beaten on? That would just be the START of it. Aggressor? Penalties? For a team that's locked into the playoffs that really means dick. Where is the pride for the logo and those who wear it? It's not that the Flyers won't fight. They will do that but there have been too many instances where there has been no retaliation for one of their's being punked or laid out. You also spoke of the last time Kronwall struck and that was Briere. How did the evening up of the score ever end up on that one? Oh. Kronwall struck AGAIN but ... wait ... Schenn tried to get at him both times!!! Tried. How hard? What about later? What did anybody do later? Hell, I'm still waiting for Kunitz to get his from Timonen or another Flyer who was there the night Kunitz freight trained Timonen and knocked him cold.

It's now GrampO Story time. Get some popcorn and a beverage and settle back. Sorry I have no intro music like in the best cartoons

You and I are at a game and a crowd gives you & I a bad time. One comes up and blindsides you and then procedes to kick you while you're down. He beats you and then finds out you are Sedensloth and beats you even harder. I, your comrade, see this. I don my superhero cape and 'try' to go to your defense but I am stopped my others. Well, I tried I says to myself as I stand by and watch you being helped into an ambulance by the paramedics. Later that night I see the guy who jumped you and have a chance to get him or some of his friends. Nope. I already tried and it just wasn't meant to be.

Sounds crazy doesn't it.

Back in the day ... well, back in 1973 in a home game against the California Golden Seals Bobby Clarke was struck in the head by a swung stick and was hurt badly. The villain was a rookie named Barry Cummins. Did a Flyer player just try to get Cummins to have a fight? Put up yer dukes varmint? Or did they ALL try to get a piece of him? The answer is the latter as they swarmed Cummins and whoever got in their way.

http://www.nhlfightclub.com/hockeyfight ... ident.html

Some might call it frontier justice, vigilantism or plain old hooligan behavior but it worked and it was a deterent. The rule was simple: if you hurt one Flyer you hurt the team and the team didn't like it and would come looking for you.

Outs

Loki
Loki

March 8th, 2012, 2:07 pm #9

fff
I've seen Briere skate up to the opposition after those types of hits.

Honestly, what are you people watching?

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 8th, 2012, 2:08 pm #10

DONT POST MUCH BUT READ DAILY. TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR POSTS OVER THE LAST TWO DAYS ABOUT THAT HIT. ONE, HEAD WAS TARGETED, TWO, DOESNT MATTER... WHEN YOUR TEAMMATE GETS LIT UP, YOU STAND UP FOR HIM. I CANT BELIEVE EVERYONE SKATED AROUND AND CONTINUED PLAYING. DOESNT MATTER IF HE TURTLES, KICK HIS ***. I AM STILL PISSED 2 DAYS LATER. LET ME ON THE ICE FOR 30 SECONDS... PLEASE.
No excuses go after him and let them know the next time he tries that **** there WILL be retribution. A lot on here say he doesn't fight he will just turtle...too bad! Wait for another time when on the fore check and drill him into next week, if you are up against the boards give him an elbow as hard as humanly possible right in the phucking face. What drives me nuts is everyone skating around like it didn't happen afterwards. The rest of the game should have been a blood bath, finish every hit with purpose GET PHUCKING ANGRY!!!!!!

fff

Confirmation of reply: