Schenn for JVR!

Schenn for JVR!

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

June 23rd, 2012, 9:06 pm #1

Interesting. I didn't think Luke had the pedigree, but it's a move that could pay out well if the kid gets solid.

Greg
Greg

June 23rd, 2012, 9:14 pm #2

Wow. Interesting trade to say the least. (nm)

F17a
F17a

June 23rd, 2012, 9:26 pm #3

Interesting. I didn't think Luke had the pedigree, but it's a move that could pay out well if the kid gets solid.
Hope not and I like that it gives our young forwards
Some more ice time.

OutL
OutL

June 23rd, 2012, 9:32 pm #4

Got an enigmatic young D man with potential for an enigmatic young forward with potential. Since they need D more than forwards & Luke will be cheaper than JVR I think the deal serves the Flyers well.

Good luck to JVR and welcome aboard Luke.

Outs

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

June 23rd, 2012, 9:49 pm #5

We free up a half mil in cap space, plus Schenn has a rep for playing decent D and occasionally playing with some grit. Plus the intangible benefit of having two brothers in the same locker room? Smart move by Homer.

TimZ
TimZ

June 23rd, 2012, 10:24 pm #6

Between Lavy and Stevens-we've never had a system at all. I think Schenn would only develop on a team with a good defensive system-we are not one of those.

Josh
Josh

June 23rd, 2012, 10:56 pm #7

Anaheim wanted JVR and schenn for Ryan...I would have much rather had Ryan...or possibly thrown in a few guys for Keith Yandle.
I know PHX is only taking offers but Yandle is the kind of dman the Flyers are going to need to replace Kimmo....and a good replacement for Pronger right now.

I'll bet anyone that Luke Schenn turns out to be nothing more than a 5th/6th dman at best. Hope I'm wrong tho...

Freak
Freak

June 23rd, 2012, 11:14 pm #8

If he becomes a beast...I don't want to face him.... :'(

I am not sold on Luke Schenn and don't really think he is what we needed, as I don't think he is much more than a 4-5 guy at best.

Oh well he is here, and JVR is now gone....I just get a bad feeling about this trade.

MachoFlyer
MachoFlyer

June 23rd, 2012, 11:17 pm #9

Anaheim wanted JVR and schenn for Ryan...I would have much rather had Ryan...or possibly thrown in a few guys for Keith Yandle.
I know PHX is only taking offers but Yandle is the kind of dman the Flyers are going to need to replace Kimmo....and a good replacement for Pronger right now.

I'll bet anyone that Luke Schenn turns out to be nothing more than a 5th/6th dman at best. Hope I'm wrong tho...
He has lots of ability and upside than any dman on our roster. Big upgrade for a team who badly needed dman and remember dmen take time to develop. You could say the same for JVR but we a plenty of finesse forwards on this team.

Sedsey
Sedsey

June 23rd, 2012, 11:55 pm #10

While certainly aided by an ingrained backlash against overwashed Leafs coverage and wish that they fail every year, I haven't been a big fan of Schenn.

I should like a player of his ability and be excited by a physical defenseman coming in but I wonder if he is fast enough to keep up in the NHL.

On the plus side he has played over 300 games at 22 and taken his lumps along the way. Perhaps with the situation he will start to round into an asset that will make this day memorable but this is definitely a risk.

Confirmation of reply: