Same sh_-it different day!

Same sh_-it different day!

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 18th, 2012, 10:10 pm #1

Bad goal-tending, bad defense and a lack of effort. Giroux with 3 absolutely horrible passes in his own end that result in Pen scoring chances. Kimmo with a pathetic game and he even causes a loss of a PP by yapping at the ref after Coburn got boarded. We should have got a 5 min PP there but yapping at the ref was not any help. If I am Homer I would be shopping Kimmo big time. With just a little effort this game could have been won even with the bad goal-tending. Lavy isn't getting through to these guys or they are not listening. NOTHING Homer could do will save this season from being what it is, a rebuilding yr with lots of new faces and lots of rookies. Homer should focus on next yr and beyond. Oh and anyone who thinks Bob is the answer think again.

fff

Freak
Freak

February 18th, 2012, 11:25 pm #2

Not championship material.

Blow the phuking thing up.

If homer was a smart man, he would shop Bobs at the deadline. Get something good. Sell of Kimmo, Carle and Coburn.

Revamp the d like he did the forwards last year. Sell Hartnell to LA. Get Bernier back.

Pitch JVR and Carle for Nash. Walk from Jagr. Sell Briere.

Enough of doing enough to make the playoffs. Establish a game plan, and stick to it.

JVR/Hartnell/ Timo/Coburn/Carle/ Pronger/ Bobs...buy out Breezy in the new CBA penalty-free buy out.

You would have 33 million freed up, - minus whatever prospects you get back. Time to do it right. We have the talent at forward. We also need to strike while the iron is hot with Hartnell. Topline player (right now), low cap hit for what he is doing this year. You should be able to get something decent back. Get what they can for Kimmo. He's been great, but is clearly buckling from the pressure/ wear/ age. I don't see many expecting Carle back. I have lost faith in Bobs. He has been hanging with Breezy too much. Coburn...could get a pretty return for. Youngish, low cap hit for top 4, big. Could revamp this team and make them lethal. Patience is all that would be needed.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 18th, 2012, 11:51 pm #3

Hartnell at the start of the season I would have traded in a heartbeat now he is having a career yr. There is a case to be made to get what you can now but he works well with Giroux so I would see what happens next yr with him. He could be just coming into his own. I would also hold onto Coburn, yes he has his flaws but they all do. Remember you have to replace all those d-men you want to dump. Otherwise I agree blow up the back end like we did to the forwards.

fff

WCF
WCF

February 18th, 2012, 11:55 pm #4

Not championship material.

Blow the phuking thing up.

If homer was a smart man, he would shop Bobs at the deadline. Get something good. Sell of Kimmo, Carle and Coburn.

Revamp the d like he did the forwards last year. Sell Hartnell to LA. Get Bernier back.

Pitch JVR and Carle for Nash. Walk from Jagr. Sell Briere.

Enough of doing enough to make the playoffs. Establish a game plan, and stick to it.

JVR/Hartnell/ Timo/Coburn/Carle/ Pronger/ Bobs...buy out Breezy in the new CBA penalty-free buy out.

You would have 33 million freed up, - minus whatever prospects you get back. Time to do it right. We have the talent at forward. We also need to strike while the iron is hot with Hartnell. Topline player (right now), low cap hit for what he is doing this year. You should be able to get something decent back. Get what they can for Kimmo. He's been great, but is clearly buckling from the pressure/ wear/ age. I don't see many expecting Carle back. I have lost faith in Bobs. He has been hanging with Breezy too much. Coburn...could get a pretty return for. Youngish, low cap hit for top 4, big. Could revamp this team and make them lethal. Patience is all that would be needed.
That's just it, they don't have any and they haven't had one in decades. I agree with you, they need a game plan, but how can you trust an organization like this to even put together a decent game plan? They are a bunch of incompetents, even the owner has simply lost IT. This team is utterly hopeless, a ship without a rudder or defense or a goaltender!

Our horrific goaltending of the past 25 years is comical.  How is it even possible for a franchise to not even by accident stumble upon one decent netminder over the course of DECADES.  Just leaves one speechless. We knew this would end up being a
tough season, but it's clear this team is falling far behind their rivals and it's time to have a vet fire sale if some of these stiffs can be moved. That means you Kimmo, Carle, Coburn, Briere, Jagr, Bob and Breezebye.

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

February 19th, 2012, 12:07 am #5

Bad goal-tending, bad defense and a lack of effort. Giroux with 3 absolutely horrible passes in his own end that result in Pen scoring chances. Kimmo with a pathetic game and he even causes a loss of a PP by yapping at the ref after Coburn got boarded. We should have got a 5 min PP there but yapping at the ref was not any help. If I am Homer I would be shopping Kimmo big time. With just a little effort this game could have been won even with the bad goal-tending. Lavy isn't getting through to these guys or they are not listening. NOTHING Homer could do will save this season from being what it is, a rebuilding yr with lots of new faces and lots of rookies. Homer should focus on next yr and beyond. Oh and anyone who thinks Bob is the answer think again.

fff
Instead of getting the two minutes for yapping at the ref, I'd have rather seen him earn his two minutes by taking Staal's head off.

Rob

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 19th, 2012, 2:01 am #6

That is the one benefit I see from the 2 recent d-men moves, the Flyer just became a lot tougher to play against in their own end.

fff

Confirmation of reply: