timz

July 24th, 2012, 7:41 pm #4

Option B ????
Paul blew this one big-time

Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers

July 24th, 2012, 9:48 pm #5

Option B ????
How many people on this board were like " Oh screw Poile, why should we trade anything? Let him suffer with the 4 picks." Or " Nashville doesn't have any money they'll never match". HAHAHA What a bunch of morons some fans are.

Nevermind the fact the Nashville is the 12th wealthiest team in the league, and one of their owners is the 5th richest man in Canada.

This is going to blow up in Homer's face. Instead of trading talent for talent, and trading Courturier and Schenn we lose out on this decades best defenseman. Weber is a combination of Chris Pronger, Ray Bourque and Scott Stevens. There is NO WAY Schenn or Courturier will be as good or better than Weber, what was Homer thinking?

Now instead they'll go to typical Flyers moves, overpay for a player like Doan who's past his prime. 4 years at 36 years old?! He's gonna be another Chris Pronger...

As much as I dreamed about having Weber play for the Flyers, I knew it wouldn't happen unless Homer traded for him.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

July 24th, 2012, 10:08 pm #6

Paul blew this one big-time
It is NEVER a mistake to hold on to your young stars. I am glad Paul didn't cave.

fff

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

July 24th, 2012, 10:11 pm #7

How many people on this board were like " Oh screw Poile, why should we trade anything? Let him suffer with the 4 picks." Or " Nashville doesn't have any money they'll never match". HAHAHA What a bunch of morons some fans are.

Nevermind the fact the Nashville is the 12th wealthiest team in the league, and one of their owners is the 5th richest man in Canada.

This is going to blow up in Homer's face. Instead of trading talent for talent, and trading Courturier and Schenn we lose out on this decades best defenseman. Weber is a combination of Chris Pronger, Ray Bourque and Scott Stevens. There is NO WAY Schenn or Courturier will be as good or better than Weber, what was Homer thinking?

Now instead they'll go to typical Flyers moves, overpay for a player like Doan who's past his prime. 4 years at 36 years old?! He's gonna be another Chris Pronger...

As much as I dreamed about having Weber play for the Flyers, I knew it wouldn't happen unless Homer traded for him.
Oh that's right their isn't one which means your azz is sucking wind boy!!

fff

Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers

July 24th, 2012, 10:37 pm #8

nm

Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers

July 24th, 2012, 10:39 pm #9

It is NEVER a mistake to hold on to your young stars. I am glad Paul didn't cave.

fff
But you hafta give up talent for talent in this league. Weber is the dman this team has always wanted and never had until Pronger for that short amount of time.
I hope I'm wrong but I seriously doubt either of those two will grow to Webers talent level

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

July 24th, 2012, 10:50 pm #10

Weber is a combination of Pronger, Bourque, and Stevens? Are you joking? He's a #1 defenseman, and he's the flavor of the month, but I don't think he's a once in a generation talent like Pronger or Bourque. I can't quite make myself put Stevens into the same category as those two.

Confirmation of reply: