Flo vs NJ (NJ in 6)
Tank vs Phil (Philly in 6)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 5)
St.L vs SJ (SJ in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 7)
Nash vs Det (Det in 6)

Simple scoring for the whole playoffs: 1 pt per correct pick
I'll keep track and update between rounds.

Sedsey
Sedsey

April 8th, 2012, 6:54 am #2

Slipped up there...Caps had the win tiebreak...

Well, I think the Rangers are going to have a big problem handling Ottawa for some reason. They went 1-2-1 vs the Senators this year but that was spread out over the whole year.

NYR vs Ott (NYR in 7)
Bos vs Wash (Bos in 7)

Outland
Outland

April 8th, 2012, 11:46 am #3

WALES:

NYR vs Wash (NYR in 6)
Bos vs Ott (Bos in 7)
Flo vs NJ (NJ in 6)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 5)
St.L vs SJ (SJ in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 7)
Nash vs Det (Det in 6)

Season series results say it's Ott, Fla, Wash and Flyers moving on. Doesn't look or feel right & for a bunch of reasons. Pens and Flyers are a dead heat to me and the Flyers are the only team I'll let season series results play a part in the final pick. I've already said that I believe the Pens getting Crosby and Letang back for the playoffs makes them the team to beat so if I pick Philly I go against my own belief. Oh my.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo ... I enter the pertinent data into the Outmaster 2K+12 and it tells me it will unfold this way.

NYR in 6
Boston in 5
NJD in 6
Flyers in 6

Van in 7
St.L in 6
Chicago in 6
Nashville in 6

Outs

Raggs
Raggs

April 8th, 2012, 1:36 pm #4

WALES:

NYR vs Wash (NYR in 6)
Bos vs Ott (Bos in 7)
Flo vs NJ (NJ in 6)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 5)
St.L vs SJ (SJ in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 7)
Nash vs Det (Det in 6)

NYR vs Ott (NYR in 6)
Bos vs Wash (Wash in 7)
Fla vs NJ (Fla in 7)
Tank vs Phil (Philly in 5)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 6)
St.L vs SJ (SL in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 6)
Nash vs Det (Nash in 7)

BwB
BwB

April 8th, 2012, 2:37 pm #5

WALES:

NYR vs Wash (NYR in 6)
Bos vs Ott (Bos in 7)
Flo vs NJ (NJ in 6)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 5)
St.L vs SJ (SJ in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 7)
Nash vs Det (Det in 6)

NYR v OTT ... Rangers in 6
BOS v WAS .. Bruins in 5
NJD v FLA .. Devils in 7
PITT v PHI .. Flyers in 6

VAN v LA ... Canucks in 5
STL v SJ ... Blues in 7
PHX v CHI .. Coyotes in 7
NAS v DET . Red Wings in 7

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

April 8th, 2012, 3:54 pm #6

WALES:

NYR vs Wash (NYR in 6)
Bos vs Ott (Bos in 7)
Flo vs NJ (NJ in 6)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 5)
St.L vs SJ (SJ in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 7)
Nash vs Det (Det in 6)

NYR vs OTT ... NYR in 5
BOS vs WAS ... BOS in 6
NJD vs FLA ... FLA in 7
PIT vs PHI ... PHI in 6

VAN vs LA ... VAN in 4
STL vs SJ ... STL in 6
PHX vs CHI ... CHI in 7
NAS vs DET ... NAS in 6

The season is a complete success when we eliminate the Penguins, thus giving the NHL an early conclusion to the preferred sissy hockey they play.

Despite St. Louis playing poorly over the past couple of weeks, San Jose is ALWAYS over-rated. Any time the Sharks are exposed as the frauds they are, I'm happy.

Phoenix, despite winning the Pacific, isn't very good, and will lose to Chicago. Series will go the distance as both clubs have issues.

This is the year Nashville finally defeats the Red Wings. I don't think the Red Wings have enough to overcome all their short-comings this season.

Rob

Pitts
Pitts

April 8th, 2012, 4:21 pm #7

WALES:

NYR vs Wash (NYR in 6)
Bos vs Ott (Bos in 7)
Flo vs NJ (NJ in 6)

CAMPBELL:

Van vs LA (Van in 5)
St.L vs SJ (SJ in 7)
Phx vs Chi (Phx in 7)
Nash vs Det (Det in 6)

NYR vs OTT ... NYR in 6 - Ottawa ultimately doesn't have what it takes to win a series...too old and too untalented.
BOS vs WAS ... BOS in 5 - Washington sucks this year.
NJD vs FLA ... FLA in 7 - This looks to be a pretty even match up. I'll go with Florida because I really don't want NJ having any more success.
PIT vs PHI ... PIT in 6 - Crosby and Letang will be in SUPER dive mode, Malkin will be hacking up opponents and I'm CERTAIN Mario paid off the right officials to ensure a Pen's win. Besides all that Buttman really wants his homie Crosbee to have a nice welcome back to the league, so the Pens will be given every shot to take this series and advance to the Cup!!!!

VAN vs LA ... VAN in 5 - LA seems lucky to be in the show this season
STL vs SJ ... STL in 7 - Upstart St. Louis takes out perennial spring chokers San Jose
PHX vs CHI ... CHI in 6 - Gotta go with Chicago on this one
NAS vs DET ... NAS in 7 - Really pulling for Nashville this year

Pelle31
Pelle31

April 8th, 2012, 5:52 pm #8

Except for the outcome......

Pitts
Pitts

April 9th, 2012, 1:52 am #9

lol

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the Pens facing the Flyers right now. The Flyers have had very surprising success this year, in what was considered to be a re-build season. These 2 teams seem so evenly matched it's scary. The apparent hate between the 2 adds to the intrigue.

It should be a great series. I pick the Pens because I think their playoff experience wins out in the end.

Sedsey
Sedsey

April 9th, 2012, 4:58 am #10

Really, this team should be designed for the number one goal of any good and pure hockey organization, to eliminate the stink of Tanker scum every year as soon as possible, and we'll see where it is at.

It seems a war will be fought between young guys like Schenn and Couturier seeking to upset and rile Lottery Boy and Baby Huey. Now, in the case of the latter getting physical is a must. I made a note of Coburn spearing him with the blade end of the stick to the gut before drawing the retaliation last game and against this opponent that kind of thing is established by the league as OK and thus necessary.

Our health is paramount. I really consider Grossmann as the key one to return, and the Tankers do too, since they clearly sent scrub Vitale to blow his knee out. The more guys we get back the better things get.

We over here will be leery of a Bryzgalov meltdown. He did it twice vs Detroit while playing for Phoenix and has a lot to prove. Is his confidence fragile? Sustaining good play for the time he did suggests not at this stage, but we won't know until we see it unfold.

As has been said, winning this series makes the season wildly successful and everything that would come after is gravy. I really do think that from the Tanker perspective, even with them confident in being backed by the widely known and identified double standard, that the Flyers are definitely the toughest matchup for them. Boston as well may have enough firepower to give them pause, especially since the Tanker defense is spotty at the bottom of the group. Teams would be foolish not to spend some shifts in any series dumping it to Letang's corner and running him through every single chance they get. If the Tankers lose Letang, their D falls apart.

Don't stress though. We'll have to beat the Tankers stars and the double standard to win it with, as usual, guys on the sidelines when we play the Tankers. Tankers are the big favorite and almost all the media wants to win so very badly. The young Flyers are underdogs.

Confirmation of reply: