Philly locals, need dining advice

Philly locals, need dining advice

Brett
Brett

January 29th, 2012, 6:16 am #1

Is there anywhere relatively close (within 20 minutes or so) to arena where you would recommend eating before the game? I'm a huge fan of pizza and if there is anywhere that has pizza to absolutely rave about, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

BwB
BwB

January 29th, 2012, 3:15 pm #2

It's an Italian (obviously) restaurant just a couple minutes(blocks) from the stadium that has VERY good pizza. Cheesesteaks are underrated as well. It's in the same shopping center as Chickie and Pete's, the enormous sports bar that's a good place to hang as well for a couple pregame brews.

BwB
BwB

January 29th, 2012, 3:30 pm #3

Which is right across the street from said shopping center. It's a local corner bar type with great food and beers. Been a pregame staple for years, plus I know the chef. You can't go wrong with either place. Let me know where you go and what you thought. Enjoy!

Brett
Brett

January 29th, 2012, 4:14 pm #4

One of my friends from college is from Philly and he also recommended Philadium, so I think that is going to be the winner.

Thanks for the input!

BwB
BwB

January 29th, 2012, 5:46 pm #5

Just give yourself enough time before the game, it gets pretty crowded on game nights and it's not the biggest place for seating. But you'll be sitting among plenty of Flyers jerseys. What night are you coming in?

Brett
Brett

January 30th, 2012, 4:22 am #6

Flyers/Islanders...they better show up after the last stinker they played against them.

Confirmation of reply: