Pens choking? NYI beat them again

Pens choking? NYI beat them again

OutL
OutL

March 30th, 2012, 1:33 am #1

In other news, the Caps blow 2-0 lead with 3:10 left in the game and are tied 2-2 going into OT.

The Pens are the story though, They've fallen flat on their faces with so much to gain. COUGH ... HACK ... GAG ... ERK ... WHEEZE

Credit to the NYI who are now at .500 for the year.

Outs

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 30th, 2012, 1:56 am #2

Very funny to see NYI beat the Tanker scum back to back.

Outland
Outland

March 30th, 2012, 2:19 am #3

I thought the Isles would be a bit more competitive this year. Not that .500 isn't that but they've been on the cusp of being a better team than they've shown for a couple years now. It's almost an annual ritual for them to rally a bit at year end and offer their hopeful (whoever he or she is) some signs of breaking through for the next year.

In that future, I think they'd be better served being in the NE conference when they try to make the new conferences up again. I don't see where the 2 wang of america teams should be in that conference when there are choices to be had from that region of the continent already. The NHL was pandering to some teams including the Flyers and I didn't like what they did. The one thing I did like was that the 4 conference alignment insured that the top 4 teams in a conference would be seeded like that and we wouldn't be seeing weaker teams like the Panthers or whoever becomes #3 in the West getting a better break because they ruled a medioce division.

Heard Crosby got clocked in the face with a shot tonight and had to leave the game for a bit. He did come back.

Outs

Pitts
Pitts

March 30th, 2012, 2:50 pm #4

In other news, the Caps blow 2-0 lead with 3:10 left in the game and are tied 2-2 going into OT.

The Pens are the story though, They've fallen flat on their faces with so much to gain. COUGH ... HACK ... GAG ... ERK ... WHEEZE

Credit to the NYI who are now at .500 for the year.

Outs
Heard one of the tv announcers last night say that if Pens/Flyers matchup in the first round, They'd play up to nine games against each other in the next 2-3 weeks! I never thought of that.

We'll see how the Pens respond to these 2 losses to the Isles this weekend. Fluery has been a bit off his game, letting in some softies. In the first game against the Isle, the Pens attempted something like 74 shots and had nearly 50 of them on net. It's their defensive game that is hurting. Hopefully Letang will be back soon.

Outland
Outland

March 30th, 2012, 3:21 pm #5

Twice they had a chance to move ahead of the NYR and twice they failed. Losing 2X's to a team not making the playoffs is pretty ridiculous especially when the rest of your schedule is brutal.

Getting a lot of shots off is nice but your forwards can't just think offense offense offense and make stupid turnovers & let those D guys fend for themselves. Orpik, Martin & Michalek aren't wet behind the ears yet they've looked that way too many times. I've also noticed a few times this year that your D pairs were playing wider apart in their own zone than many of the other teams I've seen this year and getting to the front of the net against your guys did not look all that hard.

Pelle has been spot on when he said that the key to your team is Fleury. The Pens proved they can play well without Crosby and Malkin but without a solid Fleury as the last bastion of defense there can only be doom in their future.

Outs

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 30th, 2012, 11:54 pm #6

For the franchise beyond any other that has had the luck luck luck time and time and time again, some bad fortune is long overdue. Die Tankers die.

Pitts
Pitts

March 31st, 2012, 1:17 am #7

Twice they had a chance to move ahead of the NYR and twice they failed. Losing 2X's to a team not making the playoffs is pretty ridiculous especially when the rest of your schedule is brutal.

Getting a lot of shots off is nice but your forwards can't just think offense offense offense and make stupid turnovers & let those D guys fend for themselves. Orpik, Martin & Michalek aren't wet behind the ears yet they've looked that way too many times. I've also noticed a few times this year that your D pairs were playing wider apart in their own zone than many of the other teams I've seen this year and getting to the front of the net against your guys did not look all that hard.

Pelle has been spot on when he said that the key to your team is Fleury. The Pens proved they can play well without Crosby and Malkin but without a solid Fleury as the last bastion of defense there can only be doom in their future.

Outs
Before playing the Isles 2x, they were only 1 point behind the Rangers. There is nothing else about your post I would disagree with. I do, however, think the Pens will be a different team in the playoffs. They are well seasoned.

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 31st, 2012, 12:37 pm #8

Briere, Jagr, Simmonds, Hartnell, Giroux, and Coburn to all hit a different level in the playoffs. Pretty sure G will do it and I think we can count on our big bookends too, but I wonder about the others.

Tonight my Flyers jacket drew some interest from a female Flyers fan and so we exchanged text numbers so if I am in town for a playoff game we can maybe watch together. It turns out her favorite is Briere (cough) but that's not what was troubling.

She claims to have an almost equal love of the Tankers. Huh? How could this be? I'm sure a fan of either team would not understand liking both...perhaps I don't want to watch with her after all...if she cheered a Tanker goal I'd want to slap her. heh heh

Pitts
Pitts

March 31st, 2012, 1:15 pm #9

I'd love to see you watching a game with someone cheering for the Pens...and a woman to boot! Awesome.

Giroux has really come into his own this season. Someone unexpected from me. I knew he was a good player, but to be battling for league lead in points? Those kind of players know how to raise their level of play. Jagr and Briere have historically raised their games in the 2nd season. Playing the Flyers makes me leery. But, I think it would be an epic battle this year!

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 31st, 2012, 2:11 pm #10

Briere, Jagr, Simmonds, Hartnell, Giroux, and Coburn to all hit a different level in the playoffs. Pretty sure G will do it and I think we can count on our big bookends too, but I wonder about the others.

Tonight my Flyers jacket drew some interest from a female Flyers fan and so we exchanged text numbers so if I am in town for a playoff game we can maybe watch together. It turns out her favorite is Briere (cough) but that's not what was troubling.

She claims to have an almost equal love of the Tankers. Huh? How could this be? I'm sure a fan of either team would not understand liking both...perhaps I don't want to watch with her after all...if she cheered a Tanker goal I'd want to slap her. heh heh
growing up here it's Tanker central. Well my mother loves them so of course my son who is over there alot says daddy I like the Penguins and the Flyers......oh no this had to be nipped in the bud right now...he's 5 years old

I told him if he likes the Penguins he has to sleep out in the garage by himself with just a blanket and a pillow. no puppy or his night light. he looked at me and said daddy I don't like the Penguins......mission accomplished...LMAO

Confirmation of reply: