Not that the bad taste will wash out of my mouth by so doing...

Not that the bad taste will wash out of my mouth by so doing...

Sedsey
Sedsey

February 7th, 2012, 5:14 am #1

...but a demolition of the NYI would be nice...in reality it'll be a 3-2 game...of course, with the D these teams play maybe I should say 7-6.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 7th, 2012, 1:14 pm #2

fff

Icer
Icer

February 7th, 2012, 5:24 pm #3

...but a demolition of the NYI would be nice...in reality it'll be a 3-2 game...of course, with the D these teams play maybe I should say 7-6.
but so is Bryz, so I guess another loss on the way.

Bob OWNS the Isles, so why let him play?

WCF
WCF

February 7th, 2012, 5:27 pm #4

I'm glad to hear Briere appears to have recovered enough to play. That being said, can you name any player on this team who is sound defensively? I'm having trouble coming up with even one!

Icer
Icer

February 7th, 2012, 7:01 pm #5

By your standards, no player in the history of the NHL would be sound defensively. News flash: they all make the occasional mistake.

that said, Timmo is as sound a dman as you'll find in the league. Coburn had been, but he's just not been playing well lately. Carle was getting better, but that giveaway Sunday was brutal, and game-changing. Lilja has been about average, but rarely making costly mistakes. Bourdon and Gustaffson bring a lot to the team as rookies, but are also getting schooled, as rookies do.

They really aren't so awful as you makle them out to be, every D in the league makes mistakes. Most have a goalie to cover for them.

Icer
Icer

February 7th, 2012, 7:12 pm #6

I'm glad to hear Briere appears to have recovered enough to play. That being said, can you name any player on this team who is sound defensively? I'm having trouble coming up with even one!
Flyers are 25th in the league in D.

For the sake of illustration, remove Saturday's mental lapse, because it can't be readily projected into these numbers.

Bob went into that game with a 2.5 GAA. Letting him play all the games and leaving Bryz to go tiger hunting, that 2.5GAA puts the Flyers 9th in the legue defensively.

Is it the D, or the goalie?

WCF
WCF

February 7th, 2012, 7:19 pm #7

By your standards, no player in the history of the NHL would be sound defensively. News flash: they all make the occasional mistake.

that said, Timmo is as sound a dman as you'll find in the league. Coburn had been, but he's just not been playing well lately. Carle was getting better, but that giveaway Sunday was brutal, and game-changing. Lilja has been about average, but rarely making costly mistakes. Bourdon and Gustaffson bring a lot to the team as rookies, but are also getting schooled, as rookies do.

They really aren't so awful as you makle them out to be, every D in the league makes mistakes. Most have a goalie to cover for them.
That has been a big source of the turnovers too, so what forward do we have that is good defensively? Sean C. is good for his age, but who else? I'm not looking for hall of fame types, just a reason as to why we are SO horrible in goals against, aside from the obvious traing wreck in goal now known as the Russian sieve.

WCF
WCF

February 7th, 2012, 7:22 pm #8

Flyers are 25th in the league in D.

For the sake of illustration, remove Saturday's mental lapse, because it can't be readily projected into these numbers.

Bob went into that game with a 2.5 GAA. Letting him play all the games and leaving Bryz to go tiger hunting, that 2.5GAA puts the Flyers 9th in the legue defensively.

Is it the D, or the goalie?
Team can't play responsible defensively and leave open g-tenders who do not make hi-light reel saves and let in softies as well, you have 25th in the league. There is no sense sugarcoating a dog turd here, it still stinks.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 7th, 2012, 7:34 pm #9

That has been a big source of the turnovers too, so what forward do we have that is good defensively? Sean C. is good for his age, but who else? I'm not looking for hall of fame types, just a reason as to why we are SO horrible in goals against, aside from the obvious traing wreck in goal now known as the Russian sieve.
Goaltending has been sh__it, defense has been average and last but not least the team refuses to play a defense first system led by the first line of Jagr Giroux and Hartnell. They will for a couple of games and then abandon it for 2-4 games.

fff

WCF
WCF

February 7th, 2012, 7:49 pm #10

why don't they change what they are doing??? I'm guessing that they really don't have the players who are willing and/or able to play that kind of game. As the 2nd half always tightens up on the D side, that is when the Flyers fall to earth with a thud. Other teams tighten up, we stay the same and get killed, this has been happenning for years post all star break, no???

Confirmation of reply: