Kypreos tweeting it

Pa
Pa

April 18th, 2012, 2:29 am #2

Its a friggin disgrace. GMs need to fix this

TimZ
TimZ

April 18th, 2012, 2:36 am #3

So two head shot attempts get you only one game but just one head shot gets you 4 games?

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

April 18th, 2012, 2:37 am #4

Kypreos tweeting it
I hope kypreos misunderstood. At the least, it should have been on game for each violation. Although how they don't consider the fact of two incidents in one game and make the judgement harsher is entirely beyond me.

If that's the case, the NHL might as well hang up a Pens banner at the league offices. It couldn't be any clearer.

TimZ
TimZ

April 18th, 2012, 2:44 am #5

what a joke

Icer
Icer

April 18th, 2012, 2:46 am #6

So two head shot attempts get you only one game but just one head shot gets you 4 games?
he's a star, he can do what he wants.

Neal's hits were far more egrarious. Asham was at least responding to a Schenn check. Neal's hits were unprovoked and blatant attempts to injure.

this league is a disgrace. Bettman needs to be fired.

Players have an expiring CBA, time to get serious about protecting their lives.

Icer
Icer

April 18th, 2012, 2:49 am #7

I hope kypreos misunderstood. At the least, it should have been on game for each violation. Although how they don't consider the fact of two incidents in one game and make the judgement harsher is entirely beyond me.

If that's the case, the NHL might as well hang up a Pens banner at the league offices. It couldn't be any clearer.
Rinaldo got a multiple game suspension for maybe leaving his feet and getting half a check on a guy. Why? According to Shanny, because he had been fined earlier in the week.

idiot.

Freak
Freak

April 18th, 2012, 3:45 am #8

Very scary moment in the first period during Tuesday's Game 3 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes.
Marian Hossa was cutting toward center ice after getting the puck knocked away from him when he was met by Raffi Torres who laid a shoulder to the Blackhawks forward's chin. On replay, it was clear Torres launched himself into Hossa.

Torres was not penalized on the play. Brandon Bollig of the Blackhawks was assessed a double minor for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct for going after Torres. Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune Tweeted that Hossa left the rink in an ambulance.
The following television timeout, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville was interviewed by NBC Sports Network's Joe Micheletti and his was response was simply: "It was a brutal hit. I can't believe four guys missed it. It makes me sick."
Torres is a repeat offender. He was fined $2,500 in December for elbowing Jan Hejda and later suspended three days later for two games after charging Nate Prosser. You'll recall he was banned for the final two regular season games and two playoff games at the end of last season for elbowing Jordan Eberle in the head.
If there's case for a Matt Cooke 2011 Suspension 2.0, this hit is the one. An update on Hossa's condition will come tomorrow, right in time for Torres' hearing with Brendan Shanahan; and seeing as how injury plays a role in whether to suspend and the length of a suspension, in this situation it shouldn't matter. Torres left his feet. Made contact with the head and the result was ugly.
As Shanahan explained in Alex Ovechkin's suspension for charging Zbynek Michalek:
"The moment Ovechkin launches himself into the air prior to the hit he becomes responsible for any contact to the head."
We'll likely hear some form of that when Torres earns yet another suspension sometime this week.

Icer
Icer

April 18th, 2012, 3:39 pm #9

"I didn't mean it!"

Worked for Neal.

and the hit was eerily similar.

I want to know if the referees are going to get taken to task. How does Phoenix get a 4 minute PP for taking a shot like that?

Confirmation of reply: