MyNHL going wild...puss it up, league...

MyNHL going wild...puss it up, league...

Sedsey
Sedsey

October 2nd, 2011, 7:43 am #1

Predictably, this "head shot" thing is horseshit, which is why I was sick of hearing about it last year. Take a look a tonight, and listen to Macarther and Babcock for the truth. The guy getting hit has zero responsibility to protect himself. Incidental contact when a guy is leaning over and reaching for the puck will cause more suspensions. It's ridiculous already.

Now they are going after fighting. Shanahan says they "are looking at it", which sounds ominous to me. Guys that do it have a very tough job and they are constantly under attack for it when the culture growing up through the ranks demanded it.

Look for playes to shy away from hits. Every hit is a suspension risk these days.

Get the figure skates and skirts out. They want fairy dancing and tilt a whirls and men who battle with their code of honour are about to be outlawed.

Saw it coming from years away...

The Animal
The Animal

October 2nd, 2011, 6:03 pm #2

Hits are slowly going away, and once fighting is gone, I think the NHL will not be a league I follow. Maybe a new league will start up someday down the road and be more like the Hockey I grew up watching?

The Animal

Icer
Icer

October 3rd, 2011, 3:34 pm #3

didn't include the disrespectful head shots and boarding That's what they're trying to get rid of, not hitting. It might get weird for a while as players and refs get used to it, but eventually it should get back to actual hitting without the cheap shots

Confirmation of reply: