movie The Goon

movie The Goon

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 3rd, 2012, 1:39 pm #1

downloaded it and watched this morning. I really liked it. It was simplistic but I loved how the main character was all about team. Standing up for your team. When it comes out it would be a great movie to go see.

I also didn't know the person the movie was based on Doug The Thug Smith actually played here in Johnstown...that was interesting too. If you do watch it make sure you watch at the end of the credits because it shows a few clips of him.

Was really good to watch this after being disappointed watching Underworld. if she wasn't in skin tights the whole movie it wouldn't be worth watching....lol

Freak
Freak

March 3rd, 2012, 2:44 pm #2

Where did you get it? ISO hunt?Think I am going to find it today and watch it. Thanks for the review.

How was the guy from American Pie? The three named guy, that I can never remember one of his three name, let alone all three of them...lol

I was reading a write up on it yesterday, and he was saying how much he enjoyed making the movie, and how realistic they were trying to make it.

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 3rd, 2012, 8:44 pm #3

he did a good job....he plays the dumb guy well....lol

Rustydog
Rustydog

March 4th, 2012, 3:09 pm #4

downloaded it and watched this morning. I really liked it. It was simplistic but I loved how the main character was all about team. Standing up for your team. When it comes out it would be a great movie to go see.

I also didn't know the person the movie was based on Doug The Thug Smith actually played here in Johnstown...that was interesting too. If you do watch it make sure you watch at the end of the credits because it shows a few clips of him.

Was really good to watch this after being disappointed watching Underworld. if she wasn't in skin tights the whole movie it wouldn't be worth watching....lol

Saw your post yesterday so I watched it last night on PPV. Other than the "team loyalty/team first" message, I thought it was a pretty bad piece of cinema. The writing was bad and the acting was awful. The fight scenes (of which half the movie was comprised) were done like a grindhouse movie with unnecessary and over-the-top amounts of blood.

Hockey fans will want to watch it for the fun of it, but it ranks somewhere between Mighty Ducks 2 and 3 on my list of all-time great hockey movies.

That's my review. I have a friend who read the book when it first was released (about 10 years ago I think) and he said the book was great. He hasn't seen the movie. FWIW.

P.S. - Underworld must have really sucked.

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 4th, 2012, 3:24 pm #5

there won't be Oscars handed out but it was a fun movie....sorta like Sandler in Happy Gilmore fashion....

lol...any hockey movie titled Goon has to be taken with a grain of salt

Freak
Freak

March 4th, 2012, 4:39 pm #6

Making the disc as we speak..can't wait to watch it.

Confirmation of reply: